- PC market steadies in third quarter: surveys
The global market for personal computers showed signs of stabilizing in the third quarter as infatuation with tablets appeared to fade,
13 days ago 9 Oct 14, 3:38am
- Dead Beat Kenya tops Google search trends
Dead Beat Kenya, a newly created Facebook page that exposes men who don't support their children, was the top trending search on Google in September.
20 days ago 2 Oct 14, 9:20am
- Another firm opts for use of thin SIM card
Tangaza Pesa plans to roll out its mobile phone services using thin SIM card despite hitches facing Equity Bank over the technology.
28 days ago 24 Sep 14, 1:33pm
- Chinese firm bags deal to roll out smart driving permits, car plates
China’s Huawei has won a contract for digital driving licences and new generation number plates.
28 days ago 24 Sep 14, 1:24pm
- Samsung launches Note 4 'phablet' ahead of schedule
Samsung launched the latest version of its oversized Galaxy Note smartphone earlier than expected Wednesday.
28 days ago 24 Sep 14, 2:06am
- Kenyans meet for global conversation on tech for social good
Thousands of people worldwide every year take part in the summit held in New York, in which participants engage on the most pressing social issues.
30 days ago 22 Sep 14, 7:56am
- Safaricom to continue hold on 4G licence
Tetra Radio accepted not to enforce the High Court award that gave it a right to the frequencies pending determination of the appeal.
30 days ago 22 Sep 14, 2:08am
- East Africa Data Centre expands capacity
East Africa Data Centre is the only Tier 3 secure electronic data centre in east and central Africa with the expansion expected to cost Sh1 billion.
30 days ago 22 Sep 14, 2:02am
- New Internet security solution launched
Sophos protects operating systems, desktops, mobile devices, gateways and exchange servers.
30 days ago 22 Sep 14, 1:44am
- Mobile network operators set for stiff competition
All the current moves overlap and, therefore, by default make all players tier one competitors.
30 days ago 22 Sep 14, 1:34am
- Nairobi's Evans Kidero tops list of most tech-savvy governors on Twitter
Some leaders have only three followers while others have no account.
30 days ago 22 Sep 14, 1:26am
- Russian hackers leak 5 million Google usernames, passwords
Russian hackers Wednesday posted usernames and passwords of close to five million Google accounts online.
40 days ago 12 Sep 14, 12:59pm
- New immigration boss does his first live chat
The newly appointed Major General (Rtd) Gordon Kihalangwa on Thursday continued with the Immigration Department chats on Twitter started by his predecessor Jane Waikenda
41 days ago 11 Sep 14, 12:35pm
- Tracking the wearables: From Google Glass to Apple Watch
Described as the company's "most personal device ever," the Apple Watch will pair with iPhones and allow users to view messages and apps on the wrist.The device will use a "digital crown" to scroll, zoom and navigate without obstructing the display…
42 days ago 10 Sep 14, 4:53am
- Apple unveils two big-screen iPhones
Apple on Tuesday unveiled two new versions of the iPhone, boosting the screen size of the iconic smartphone to 4.7 and 5.5 inches.
43 days ago 9 Sep 14, 1:20pm
- 10 steps to a successful social media campaign
At a time when almost every organisation has a presence online, the greatest concern is how to ensure brands are successful and visible online.
55 days ago 28 Aug 14, 1:35am
- Blogger Alai in the dock over 'annoying tweet'
IEBC chairman Issack Hassan has told a court that he did not attend a meeting at the Karen Blixen Club as alleged by blogger Robert Alai Onyango in a posting on Twitter.
70 days ago 13 Aug 14, 9:17am
- High Court revokes Matiangi’s board appointments
The High Court in Nairobi has revoked Cabinet Secretary Fred Matiang'i’s appointments of board members to the Information Communication Technology Authority, citing procedural impropriety.
76 days ago 7 Aug 14, 8:51am
- Kenyans chatting more, talking less on phone — report
Kenyans are chatting more online and talking less to each other on mobile phones, the latest report by the Communications Authority of Kenya (CAK) indicates.
86 days ago 28 Jul 14, 7:07am
- Counties to be connected to fibre optic, Matiangi
All the 47 counties will soon be connected to the fibre optic cable to enhance service delivery to Kenyans.
87 days ago 27 Jul 14, 4:56am
- Net security, social media misuse pose hurdles for managers
Some employees spend up to 80 per cent of office time online and 46 per cent misuse bandwidth, say studies.
90 days ago 24 Jul 14, 10:39am
- Strathmore University eyes power bill cuts with mega solar system
As the cost of electricity keeps rising in Kenya, more companies and colleges are turning to cheaper energy. Strathmore University has joined Williamsons Tea Factory which produces its own one megawatt (MW) and UNEP Headquarters which produces 500 ki…
90 days ago 24 Jul 14, 10:15am
- Secure intellectual property to ensure business continuity
Tales have been told of developers who go missing or startups that burn out and go belly up leaving clients distraught.
90 days ago 24 Jul 14, 10:06am
- Hackings not unique to Kenya, learn from them: expert
Kenya’s inaugural digital media bootcamp kicked off on Thursday at the Usiu Africa auditorium where digital media staff from different corporates will be interacting on how to best use the platform.
90 days ago 24 Jul 14, 8:06am
- How to keep hackers at bay
IT expert says that internet software should be updated frequently to avoid creating loopholes that can be exploited by hackers
91 days ago 23 Jul 14, 12:15pm
- Accused Android app pirates face criminal charges
US prosecutors have unsealed indictments against six people suspected of collectively pirating millions of applications tailored for Android-powered mobile devices.
92 days ago 22 Jul 14, 8:04am
- Yahoo builds mobile muscle with Flurry buy
Yahoo continued its quest for renewed relevance with the purchase of a start-up specialising in analysing and making money from mobile applications.
92 days ago 22 Jul 14, 7:29am
- Online shopping makes progress in Kenya
The growth of internet access in Kenya has created income generating avenues for many.
92 days ago 22 Jul 14, 4:23am
- China Internet population reaches 632 million: govt
China is now home to 632 million Internet users, a government agency said Monday, although use of social networks has dropped amid a crackdown.
93 days ago 21 Jul 14, 7:26am
- Single-message app 'Yo' is what's up with investors
A messaging app that allows users to send the word "Yo" to friends has discovered newfound fame and fortune.
93 days ago 21 Jul 14, 1:48am
- French online forums overflow with hate over Israel offensive
The deadly Israeli offensive in Gaza has let loose an unprecedented wave of hate on media websites and social networks
93 days ago 21 Jul 14, 1:41am
- Microsoft to have biggest layoffs in history
US tech giant Microsoft has announced that it will have a workforce cut of 18,000 over the next year to simplify business and align the Nokia handset business.
96 days ago 18 Jul 14, 10:39am
- Kenyan companies yet to fully adopt digital media
Most companies in Kenya are yet to fully embrace the use of digital media in their business operations.
96 days ago 18 Jul 14, 10:31am
- Amazon launches unlimited e-book subscription plan
US online giant Amazon unveiled a Netflix-style subscription plan Friday for unlimited access to e-books and audio books.
96 days ago 18 Jul 14, 9:47am
- Is Google making us stupid?
Internet makes information more available than before but does not necessarily make us smarter
96 days ago 18 Jul 14, 9:18am
- Really smart cars are ready to take the wheel
Why waste your time looking for a place to park when your car can do it for you?
97 days ago 17 Jul 14, 10:32am
- Why you don't need that suggestion box
USIU alumni official and digital media practitioner Uvyu Mbole says offices should abandon the good old suggestion box and instead embrace social media as a way of engaging with clients and the public.
97 days ago 17 Jul 14, 10:18am
- Microsoft signs Safaricom deal for Lumia Apps purchase
Microsoft has signed a deal with Safaricom to offer mobile subscribers the ability to purchase Windows Phone applications (Apps)
97 days ago 17 Jul 14, 4:52am
- Apple picks Airtel for sale of iPhone 5s
Partnership means that customers will buy iPhone handset pre-loaded with Airtel multimedia settings.
97 days ago 17 Jul 14, 4:47am
- Huawei launches Ascend P7 smartphone in Kenya
Huawei Wednesday launched the Ascend P7 mobile phone, dubbed the slimmest smartphone, in Nairobi.
97 days ago 17 Jul 14, 4:44am
- Schools, IT vendor open new e-learning channels
Haier online solution aims to help institutions cut costs on equipment.
98 days ago 16 Jul 14, 5:05pm
- Groups target 15m African mothers with health facts
GSMA is offering opportunities under the programme to deliver health care through innovation.
98 days ago 16 Jul 14, 5:04pm
- Next generation technology incubator and accelerator
We have seen the blending of different methods and models ranging from co-working spaces to accelerators.
98 days ago 16 Jul 14, 5:00pm
- Bubblews gives a penny for your thoughts
A new social network says its goal is sharing among its users — including some of the profits.
98 days ago 16 Jul 14, 8:36am
- Japan messaging app LINE says eyeing Japan, US stock listings, WhatsApp, Facebook, Naver Corp, WeChat, Tencent Inc
Fast-growing messaging app LINE has said it was considering a share listing in Tokyo, a day after a report that it was eyeing an offering estimated at a whopping $9.8 billion.
98 days ago 16 Jul 14, 7:53am
- Yahoo spotlights live music to shine on Internet stage
Yahoo's hopes for renewed stardom on the Internet stage are being pinned on a song.
98 days ago 16 Jul 14, 7:44am
- Google adds ex-Ford Motor Company chief to board
Google has announced that former Ford Motor Company chief Alan Mulally has joined it board of directors.
98 days ago 16 Jul 14, 7:31am
- Federal Reserve says some tech firms overvalued
The Federal Reserve has warned that some high-flying technology firms may be overvalued, but rejected the idea of a stock market bubble.
98 days ago 16 Jul 14, 7:20am
- eBay, Sotheby's unveil tie-up on art auctions
Highbrow art house Sotheby's is opening a door to the masses in an alliance with Internet age online marketplace eBay.
98 days ago 16 Jul 14, 7:08am
- Apple denies Chinese claims of national security risk
US technology giant Apple is fighting Chinese claims that the iPhone threatens national security through its ability to track and time-stamp a user's location.
98 days ago 16 Jul 14, 5:35am