- Seacom picks Juniper, Cisco to boost network
The two firms will be tasked with the overhaul of Seacom’s Internet Protocol (IP)
16 days ago 3 Apr 14, 10:25am
- Samsung scores marketing home run with Barack Obama selfie
First baseman and designated hitter David "Big Papi" Ortiz grabbed a cheerful shot of himself with the president
17 days ago 2 Apr 14, 8:03pm
- Battle of two smartphone giants: Apple vs Samsung
Lawyers for Apple and Samsung have exchanged barbs as a major new patent trial opened, and debated the role of a company not even part of the case -- Google.
17 days ago 2 Apr 14, 8:13am
- Tech stocks drive US market rebound
US stocks surged on the back of a rebound in technology stocks, helped by Janet Yellen's assurance the Federal Reserve will continue to support the economy.
18 days ago 1 Apr 14, 8:24am
- Happily surprised? Sadly angry? Computer tags emotions
Ever wondered if you look happily disgusted? Or sadly angry? There may one day be an app for that.
18 days ago 1 Apr 14, 8:16am
- Apple vs Samsung case to start before fresh jury
Apple and Samsung return to federal court on Tuesday for opening statements in their latest patent battle
18 days ago 1 Apr 14, 8:07am
- Apple and Samsung to renew patent battle in US court
Apple and Samsung will return to federal court in the heart of Silicon Valley on Monday for a new round in their seemingly perpetual patent war.
20 days ago 30 Mar 14, 4:29am
- Wananchi Online founder targets SMEs with ‘cloud’ solutions
Njeri Rionge, one of Kenya’s pioneer internet entrepreneurs, has turned to developing software targeted at digitising the running of small and mid-sized enterprises (SMEs).
23 days ago 27 Mar 14, 11:20am
- IT experts offer counties answers to revenue leaks
As counties seek lasting solutions to seal corruption loopholes to increase revenue collection, IT experts seem to have found the answer.
23 days ago 27 Mar 14, 11:06am
- Candy Crush maker King sees sour Wall Street debut
King Digital, maker of the wildly popular Candy Crush video game, got a sour welcome on Wall Street Wednesday.
24 days ago 26 Mar 14, 10:13pm
- Twitter ramps up photo sharing features
Twitter on Wednesday added Facebook-style photo "tagging" and bumped up the number of images that iPhone users can share in a single post.
24 days ago 26 Mar 14, 10:07pm
- China condemns 'NSA spying' on tech giant Huawei
Beijing has condemned Washington over reports that the US National Security Agency had for years had been secretly tapping the networks of Chinese telecoms and Internet giant Huawei.
26 days ago 24 Mar 14, 6:55am
- High electricity costs slow down access to ICT services
High electricity costs and lack of access to personal computers (PCs) have been blamed for the low ICT services penetration in Africa.
30 days ago 20 Mar 14, 12:01pm
- Unlock value of computers that ‘think like humans’
Technology lies at the core of national development as its benefits cut across all sectors. Sound decisions should be based on the broadest possible information digest that will allow for informed action.
30 days ago 20 Mar 14, 11:57am
- Online book exchange eases burden on parents
It is said that the best inheritance a parent can give to children is education and many middle income families strive to enrol their children in the best performing schools.
30 days ago 20 Mar 14, 11:43am
- Google's Page says US online spying threatens democracy
Google co-founder Larry Page on Wednesday condemned US government snooping on the Internet as a threat to democracy.
30 days ago 20 Mar 14, 5:07am
- Berlin takes world lead with own domain name
Berlin became the world's first city on Tuesday to have its own Internet domain name under plans to cater for Internet expansion.
32 days ago 18 Mar 14, 9:19am
- Call for the 2014 innovation challenge
A global partnership that promotes innovation, Demo-Africa is inviting start-ups to submit their applications between 15th March and 15th June 2014 ahead of the September contest.
37 days ago 13 Mar 14, 9:31am
- Technology to change role of teachers worldwide
Demonstrations and announcements made at the Microsoft in Education Global Forum in Barcelona, Spain, from March 11 to 14, suggest that teachers around the world have to ultimately brace themselves for drastic shifts in the way they play their role.
37 days ago 13 Mar 14, 7:51am
- Nigeria seeks to conquer African video games market
It's easy to see why "Mosquito Smasher" - which has earned comparisons to "Angry Birds", the worldwide mobile app success of recent years - might be a hit.
41 days ago 9 Mar 14, 1:36am
- Facebook, WhatsApp deal takes hit
Privacy advocates have asked US regulators to halt the $19 billion Facebook acquisition
43 days ago 7 Mar 14, 4:50am
- Get ready to vote on the net, says Minister
Kenyans may vote via the Internet at the next elections.
44 days ago 6 Mar 14, 10:26am
- Nakuru banks on technology audit to stop revenue leakages
Like other counties, Nakuru has many pressing development targets to meet with the little money from the Committee on Revenue Allocation.
44 days ago 6 Mar 14, 9:59am
- How to engage government for a robust local ICT sector
In the last decade having been thrust into the innards of various technology based businesses, it has become apparent that a key factor in maintaining industry frameworks and sustainable profitability is the constant engagement of industry publics to…
44 days ago 6 Mar 14, 9:53am
- Entrepreneur develops app to bust ghost workers and manage field staff
Tired of calling to know where your field employees are? A young Kenyan techie has designed and developed a mobile application that keeps track of mobile staff and those located in remote sites. It is called Akida.
44 days ago 6 Mar 14, 9:38am
- Kenyans ‘most active mobile Internet users’
Facebook and Twitter lead in number of users posting real-time goings on within their circles.
49 days ago 1 Mar 14, 7:49am
- German court throws out lawsuits against Apple
A German court threw out on Friday two copyright violation lawsuits against US tech giant Apple by German firm IPCom.
50 days ago 28 Feb 14, 5:50am
- Airtel rolls out SMS system to boost farming
Mobile phone operator Airtel Kenya has launched a mobile app to help farmers access various information.
51 days ago 27 Feb 14, 11:54am
- Americans would give up TV before Internet: survey
Americans have become so enamoured of the Internet, they would more readily forgo television than online access, according to a survey.
51 days ago 27 Feb 14, 11:42am
- Five big trends in the mobile world
From the release of connected bracelets, watches and even a smart toothbrush to a future of one-second high-definition movie downloads, the mobile world is developing rapidly.
51 days ago 27 Feb 14, 8:43am
- Bitcoin users to gather in Tokyo amid MtGox woes
Bitcoin users in Tokyo will gather on Thursday for a meeting set to be dominated by the shuttering of the MtGox exchange amid claims of a multi-million dollar theft.
51 days ago 27 Feb 14, 4:57am
- Nokia launches Android devices
Finnish mobile manufacturer Nokia on Monday launched its first family of Android devices.
54 days ago 24 Feb 14, 11:34am
- Smartphone giants fight for profits
Smartphone giants released eye-catching new devices as the world’s biggest mobile fair opened on Monday.
54 days ago 24 Feb 14, 10:52am
- Facebook's Zuckerberg the new mobile king
Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg stars in the mobile industry's biggest fair Monday, fresh from his $19 billion (14-billion-euro) takeover of smartphone messenger WhatsApp.
54 days ago 24 Feb 14, 2:23am
- WhatsApp deal shows stunning growth of messaging apps
The astonishingly high price paid for the messaging service WhatsApp underscores how mobile apps are transforming the way we communicate.
54 days ago 23 Feb 14, 10:45pm
- Facebook bets big on mobile with Sh1.6 trillion WhatsApp deal
Facebook is betting huge on mobile with an eye-popping cash-and-stock deal worth up to Sh1.6 trillion ($19 billion) for Internet Age smartphone messaging service WhatsApp.
58 days ago 20 Feb 14, 7:18am
- IT firms to reap big in Africa's growth plan
Technology firms are set for more business as demand for IT solutions rises across Africa, International Data Corporation said.
63 days ago 15 Feb 14, 12:10pm
- Kenyan firms go for unified communication to cut costs
Technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco should expect more demand for unified communications from local companies, International Data Corporation has said.
63 days ago 15 Feb 14, 11:33am
- Kenyans shun PCs for smartphones and tablets
Demand for personal computers has been declining in recent years as more Kenyans prefer smartphones and tablets leaving corporates as the key drivers for PC sales.
63 days ago 15 Feb 14, 11:11am
- Male, female or custom? Facebook's new gender options
Facebook on Thursday freed members from the bonds of being either male or female, letting people opt for custom genders such as transsexual or "intersex" at the social network.
64 days ago 14 Feb 14, 3:45am
- How can search engine marketing benefit your business?
What is Search Engine Marketing? Search engine marketing (SEM) is a form of Internet marketing that involves the promotion of websites by increasing their visibility in search engine results pages through optimization and paid advertising.
65 days ago 13 Feb 14, 4:22am
- Tech makes couples closer despite tensions: survey
Technology helps bring married couples closer together even though the use of electronic devices can be a source of tension, a US survey showed Tuesday.
67 days ago 11 Feb 14, 10:23am
- Nokia to launch its first Android smartphone
Nokia plans to introduce its first Android smartphone later this month, according to a report by The Wall Street Journal.
67 days ago 11 Feb 14, 7:38am
- January difficulties get Kenyans googling for solutions
January’s reputation as a financially-difficult month for Kenyans has been affirmed by Google’s latest trend results.
69 days ago 9 Feb 14, 5:10am
- Indians cheer on homegrown new Microsoft chief
India on Wednesday cheered the appointment of Satya Nadella as the new chief executive of Microsoft, the latest example of an Indian-born exec rising to the top of the US corporate world.
73 days ago 5 Feb 14, 3:15am
- Best is yet to come, says Facebook's Zuckerberg
The 10 years since the founding of Facebook have been an "amazing journey," but the best is still to come, Mark Zuckerberg says.
74 days ago 4 Feb 14, 9:43am
- Samsung to launch Galaxy S5 in late February
Samsung Electronics will unveil a new version of its flagship Galaxy S smartphone this month, but expectations are low that features such as a bigger screen will lead to a sharp jump in sales given intensifying competition.
75 days ago 3 Feb 14, 9:10pm
- At 10 years old, Facebook copes with growing pains
As Facebook celebrates its 10th anniversary, the world's biggest social network is finding its path as a maturing company, adapting to an aging user base.
75 days ago 2 Feb 14, 11:30pm
- Facebook battles to stay young and cool
Sixteen-year-old Owen Fairchild doesn't hang out at Facebook as much as he did when he was just a kid.
77 days ago 1 Feb 14, 9:06pm
- Firm expands tech start-up support network in Africa
Technology has always been Nikolai Barnwell’s first love, even when he was a music student at Colby College in the US.
81 days ago 27 Jan 14, 11:34pm