- Youth create real estate location website
How about using your phone to browse properties located hundreds of kilometres away instead of going to search physically?
29 days ago 20 Nov 14, 9:25am
- Firefox browsers switch to Yahoo for online search
Firefox maker Mozilla announced Wednesday that it is switching to Yahoo as the default service for online searches done through the Web browser in the United States.
29 days ago 20 Nov 14, 5:34am
- New York's Times Square lit up by huge digital billboard
New York's Times Square was illuminated by the world's highest resolution video display screen of its size as the monitor, nearly as big as a football field was switched on.
30 days ago 19 Nov 14, 8:35am
- Facebook launches tech news page
Facebook on Tuesday launched FB Techwire, billed as a showplace for technology talk shared by influential sources.
30 days ago 19 Nov 14, 5:27am
- Facebook addresses privacy fears while ramping ad targeting
Facebook on Thursday made it easier for people to understand and control how their information is used at the leading social network while expanding its quest to better target ads.
36 days ago 13 Nov 14, 8:22am
- Elon Musk confirms Internet satellite plan
High-tech entrepreneur Elon Musk confirmed that he is working on a web of small, low-cost satellites that could provide wireless Internet around the world.
37 days ago 12 Nov 14, 9:08am
- Samsung, Strathmore partner to develop Kenyan apps
Samsung Electronics is partnering with Strathmore’s @iLab Africa to create locally relevant mobile applications that will drive sales of its smartphones and tablets.
37 days ago 12 Nov 14, 4:44am
- Hackers could trick way into Apple gadgets: researcher
Cybersecurity firm FireEye warned Monday that hackers could trick owners of Apple gadgets into installing applications that steal information.
38 days ago 11 Nov 14, 5:18am
- Amazon debuts Siri-style virtual assistant in speaker
Internet retail titan Amazon on Thursday introduced a home virtual assistant always at the ready to answer questions, fetch news, play music or help with to-do lists.
42 days ago 7 Nov 14, 7:36am
- With big investments, tech giants battle to stay ahead
America's technology giants are drawing on their huge cash stockpiles to make big bets on investments and acquisitions that could prove to be visionary.
42 days ago 7 Nov 14, 7:21am
- New malware can infect iPhones via Mac computers
WireLurker malware is capable of stealing a variety of information from iPhones it infects.
43 days ago 6 Nov 14, 10:22pm
- Kakuma to pilot information project on health
A pilot project titled m-Health, that seeks to change the way information on health is delivered in refugee camps has been be launched in Kakuma.
44 days ago 5 Nov 14, 1:55pm
- Emojis tackle racial diversity
Those odd characters on your emails and text messages are about to see more diversity — sending a message that humanity comes in many colours.
45 days ago 5 Nov 14, 4:10am
- LG, Google strike patent-sharing deal
LG Electronics said Wednesday it had signed a long-term cross-licence deal with Google as the South Korean firm tries to expand its smartphone business.
45 days ago 5 Nov 14, 2:43am
- Google Glass may obstruct peripheral vision: study
People wearing Google Glass may experience significant blind spots on their right side, which could interfere with tasks such as driving, crossing the street and playing sports, US researchers said Tuesday.
45 days ago 5 Nov 14, 2:43am
- Apple sold by Jobs from parents' garage up for auction
An early Apple device sold by Steve Jobs from his parents' garage goes under the hammer in New York next month valued at Sh36m
45 days ago 4 Nov 14, 8:23am
- 'Nation' websites drive Facebook app’s launch in Tanzania
Tanzanian mobile browsers to follow news through newly launched Facebook application.
46 days ago 3 Nov 14, 7:08am
- UN chief Ban Ki-moon urges youth to use technology for economic growth
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has urged youths to use technology for Kenya's economic growth.
49 days ago 31 Oct 14, 11:56am
- IBM dips into Twitter stream for business insights
Twitter announced a partnership to let computing IBM dip into the public stream of tweets to provide businesses with insights for making decisions.
50 days ago 30 Oct 14, 10:16am
- US theaters advised to ban 'smart' watches and glasses
US film industry organizations on Wednesday put out word that movie theatres should ban smart watches or eyewear that could be used to record movies.
50 days ago 30 Oct 14, 9:16am
- Nestle Japan hiring 1,000 robots to sell espresso machines
Food giant Nestle said Wednesday that its Japan unit would hire 1,000 robots as sales clerks at stores across the country.
51 days ago 29 Oct 14, 9:07am
- Pain and gain as Kenya adopts digital payments
Global trends indicate that a shift from cash to electronic payments can save countries one to two percentage points of GDP annually.
52 days ago 29 Oct 14, 5:00am
- 'Cloud' lifts Microsoft earnings above expectations
Microsoft on Thursday reported quarterly profits ahead of most expectations, as revenues got a boost from its Xbox consoles and Internet "cloud" services for enterprises.
57 days ago 24 Oct 14, 4:54am
- Tech company targets counties with software solutions
Devolution has opened new business opportunities for small businesses and many investors have shifted their focus from the national government to counties.
57 days ago 23 Oct 14, 7:53am
- Airtel, KRA partnership enables subscribers to pay taxes via mobiles
Airtel subscribers can now pay their taxes through their mobile money platform following a partnership with the KRA.
58 days ago 22 Oct 14, 5:26pm
- Yahoo profit surges on Alibaba divestment, mobile
Yahoo said Tuesday its quarterly profit surged with its sale of shares in Chinese Internet powerhouse Alibaba.
58 days ago 22 Oct 14, 10:03am
- Motor dealer bungles customer care in Twitter gaffe
Kenyan consumers have long endured bad customer service from their service providers, who blatantly make a show of their poor understanding of social media.
59 days ago 21 Oct 14, 6:22am
- Facebook sues lawyers over bogus founder claim
Facebook Monday sued lawyers who represented a man claiming he was entitled to a stake in the huge social network, saying they should have known he was a scam artist.
60 days ago 21 Oct 14, 3:02am
- Online forum targets youth with facts on safe sex, career
Empowerment Youth4life website offers young people in the region content on drugs, STIs and life skills to make informed choices.
64 days ago 16 Oct 14, 7:04am
- Online forum targets youth with facts on safe sex, career
Youth4life has come up with web and mobile-based platform to educate youth on their sexual reproductive health.
65 days ago 16 Oct 14, 2:31am
- New iPads aim to boost Apple in premium tablet market
Apple's expected unveiling of its new iPads Thursday looks to shore up its position at the high end.
65 days ago 15 Oct 14, 8:38am
- Issuance of driving licences to go online from next month
Renewal and application for new driving licences is set to go online next month
66 days ago 15 Oct 14, 1:07am
- Duo sets up platform for busy people who have pending tasks
Ever since their university years, 21-year-old Leila Khalif and her 23-year-old classmate Edwin Nderitu have had desire to help Kenyans living in the diaspora easily invest back home.
70 days ago 10 Oct 14, 10:50am
- Hackers leap from dark basements to world stage
Hackers are shaking off their reputations as nerdy, loner basement dwellers and rebranding themselves on the world stage as members of Internet age tribes.
70 days ago 10 Oct 14, 6:53am
- Internet giants enlisted in fight against online extremism
The European Union and US Internet giants including Facebook and Twitter have agreed to work together to combat online extremism.
71 days ago 9 Oct 14, 9:29am
- Safaricom wins top corporate honours at social media fete
Safaricom beat Chase Bank, Orange and Airtel to win the Customer Care category as well as the overall Corporate-of-the-Year OLX Social Media Awards.
72 days ago 9 Oct 14, 4:24am
- PC market steadies in third quarter: surveys
The global market for personal computers showed signs of stabilizing in the third quarter as infatuation with tablets appeared to fade,
72 days ago 9 Oct 14, 3:38am
- Dead Beat Kenya tops Google search trends
Dead Beat Kenya, a newly created Facebook page that exposes men who don't support their children, was the top trending search on Google in September.
78 days ago 2 Oct 14, 9:20am
- Another firm opts for use of thin SIM card
Tangaza Pesa plans to roll out its mobile phone services using thin SIM card despite hitches facing Equity Bank over the technology.
86 days ago 24 Sep 14, 1:33pm
- Chinese firm bags deal to roll out smart driving permits, car plates
China’s Huawei has won a contract for digital driving licences and new generation number plates.
86 days ago 24 Sep 14, 1:24pm
- Samsung launches Note 4 'phablet' ahead of schedule
Samsung launched the latest version of its oversized Galaxy Note smartphone earlier than expected Wednesday.
87 days ago 24 Sep 14, 2:06am
- Kenyans meet for global conversation on tech for social good
Thousands of people worldwide every year take part in the summit held in New York, in which participants engage on the most pressing social issues.
88 days ago 22 Sep 14, 7:56am
- Safaricom to continue hold on 4G licence
Tetra Radio accepted not to enforce the High Court award that gave it a right to the frequencies pending determination of the appeal.
89 days ago 22 Sep 14, 2:08am
- East Africa Data Centre expands capacity
East Africa Data Centre is the only Tier 3 secure electronic data centre in east and central Africa with the expansion expected to cost Sh1 billion.
89 days ago 22 Sep 14, 2:02am
- New Internet security solution launched
Sophos protects operating systems, desktops, mobile devices, gateways and exchange servers.
89 days ago 22 Sep 14, 1:44am
- Mobile network operators set for stiff competition
All the current moves overlap and, therefore, by default make all players tier one competitors.
89 days ago 22 Sep 14, 1:34am
- Nairobi's Evans Kidero tops list of most tech-savvy governors on Twitter
Some leaders have only three followers while others have no account.
89 days ago 22 Sep 14, 1:26am
- Russian hackers leak 5 million Google usernames, passwords
Russian hackers Wednesday posted usernames and passwords of close to five million Google accounts online.
98 days ago 12 Sep 14, 12:59pm
- New immigration boss does his first live chat
The newly appointed Major General (Rtd) Gordon Kihalangwa on Thursday continued with the Immigration Department chats on Twitter started by his predecessor Jane Waikenda
99 days ago 11 Sep 14, 12:35pm
- Tracking the wearables: From Google Glass to Apple Watch
Described as the company's "most personal device ever," the Apple Watch will pair with iPhones and allow users to view messages and apps on the wrist.The device will use a "digital crown" to scroll, zoom and navigate without obstructing the display…
10 Sep 14, 4:53am