- Kenya IT firms to benefit from Sh100m fund
The funds will benefit 33 SMEs and will support training and advisory services on export marketing.
29 days ago 29 Jan 15, 4:05am
- Apple profit hits new high on rocketing iPhone sales
Apple's quarterly profit soared to a record Sh1.6 trillion ($18 billion) on the back of unprecedented iPhone sales, the tech giant said Tuesday.
30 days ago 28 Jan 15, 7:20am
- Tradition meets Twitter as Saudis pledge to new king
Decades ago, Saudis trekked across their desert kingdom to pledge allegiance to their new kings at their palaces. Now they are just using Twitter.
30 days ago 28 Jan 15, 4:53am
- China's online population nears 650 million: govt
The number of Internet users in China has risen to nearly 650 million, authorities said over the weekend, as the world's largest online population continues to rise.
32 days ago 26 Jan 15, 3:10am
- Microsoft HoloLens goggles captivate with holograms
Microsoft's HoloLens goggles have hit a sweet spot between Google Glass and virtual reality headgear, immersing users in a mesmerizing world of augmented reality holograms.
33 days ago 25 Jan 15, 4:22am
- Facebook puts warning labels on graphic videos
Facebook is putting warning labels on graphic videos that members upload and share with friends, the leading social network said Tuesday.
43 days ago 15 Jan 15, 10:46am
- Facebook testing workplace version of social network
Facebook said Wednesday it is testing a version of its leading social network tailored for getting jobs done in workplaces instead of tuning into the lives of friends.
43 days ago 15 Jan 15, 7:56am
- Sporty tech gadgets put data in users' hands
Olympic cycling medalist Dotsie Bausch is hooked on data, and she wants everyone to know it.
50 days ago 8 Jan 15, 7:56am
- Google domain grows as Android takes root in TVs
Google-backed Android software that leads the smartphone market is spreading to a new generation of smart televisions.
51 days ago 7 Jan 15, 6:16am
- Electronics show a window into the 'Internet of Me'
New technology is getting more personal. So personal, it is moving to connect and analyse our movements, our health, our brains and our everyday devices.
53 days ago 5 Jan 15, 4:17am
- Global tech spending sputters amid economic woes
The outlook for global technology spending is uncertain after nearly flat growth in the past year, with turbulent economic conditions making a forecast difficult, an industry gathering was told Sunday.
53 days ago 5 Jan 15, 4:12am
- Sony's PlayStation back online after Christmas hack
Sony's PlayStation reported that its network was back online and claimed that it had been attacked, three days after it and Microsoft's Xbox went down in an outage.
61 days ago 28 Dec 14, 6:03am
- Google and Microsoft stand with Sony against hackers
Google and Microsoft joined forces with Sony on Wednesday, using their online might to release "The Interview" film to online audiences despite threats from hackers.
64 days ago 25 Dec 14, 10:47am
- Jubilee government rates its digital performance
Government websites are poor constructed and “comparable to the cover page of ‘Hello Children’.
65 days ago 24 Dec 14, 3:15am
- Sauti Sol's 'Nishike' tops list of most watched music videos in Kenya
Sauti Sol's "Sura Yako" also third on the list.
80 days ago 9 Dec 14, 9:58am
- North Korea denies carrying out hack attack on Sony Pictures
The attack made unreleased Sony films available on illegal file-sharing websites.
82 days ago 7 Dec 14, 2:53am
- App to hook up farmers with buyers
The International Fertiliser Development Corporation has launched a software to help connect farmers with agriculture enterprises.
84 days ago 4 Dec 14, 5:58pm
- Online TV and video calls a reality as Safaricom launches 4G network
Safaricom customers will soon be able to watch TV online, make video calls and download content more easily, after the company Thursday launched its 4G network.
84 days ago 4 Dec 14, 5:58pm
- Equity bank in online bid to support youth
Equity Bank Kenya has launched an online campaign to provide support to young entrepreneurs.
86 days ago 3 Dec 14, 7:33am
- BlackBerry gets OK to buy encryptors of Merkel's mobile
Germany said Friday it had approved Canadian smartphone maker BlackBerry's purchase of data encryption firm Secusmart, whose customers include Chancellor Angela Merkel.
89 days ago 29 Nov 14, 1:18pm
- European lawmakers send tough message to Google
The European Parliament voted overwhelmingly for the break-up of Google on Thursday.
91 days ago 27 Nov 14, 5:46pm
- Microsoft says it pays Chinese taxes after cryptic media report
Software giant Microsoft said Wednesday that it pays Chinese taxes "consistent" with a China-US bilateral agreement.
91 days ago 27 Nov 14, 4:46pm
- Gamers order food by yelling at consoles
Gamers can now order Domino's pizza by simply yelling "feed" me at their Xbox One consoles after the introduction of a new online app.
94 days ago 25 Nov 14, 7:56am
- Five-year-old 'genius' passes Microsoft exam
A five-year-old has been hailed a "genius" after passing a Microsoft exam to become a computer specialist with time to spare.
94 days ago 25 Nov 14, 6:46am
- Youth create real estate location website
How about using your phone to browse properties located hundreds of kilometres away instead of going to search physically?
99 days ago 20 Nov 14, 9:25am
- Firefox browsers switch to Yahoo for online search
Firefox maker Mozilla announced Wednesday that it is switching to Yahoo as the default service for online searches done through the Web browser in the United States.
99 days ago 20 Nov 14, 5:34am
- New York's Times Square lit up by huge digital billboard
New York's Times Square was illuminated by the world's highest resolution video display screen of its size as the monitor, nearly as big as a football field was switched on.
100 days ago 19 Nov 14, 8:35am
- Facebook launches tech news page
Facebook on Tuesday launched FB Techwire, billed as a showplace for technology talk shared by influential sources.
100 days ago 19 Nov 14, 5:27am
- Facebook addresses privacy fears while ramping ad targeting
Facebook on Thursday made it easier for people to understand and control how their information is used at the leading social network while expanding its quest to better target ads.
13 Nov 14, 8:22am
- Elon Musk confirms Internet satellite plan
High-tech entrepreneur Elon Musk confirmed that he is working on a web of small, low-cost satellites that could provide wireless Internet around the world.
12 Nov 14, 9:08am
- Samsung, Strathmore partner to develop Kenyan apps
Samsung Electronics is partnering with Strathmore’s @iLab Africa to create locally relevant mobile applications that will drive sales of its smartphones and tablets.
12 Nov 14, 4:44am
- Hackers could trick way into Apple gadgets: researcher
Cybersecurity firm FireEye warned Monday that hackers could trick owners of Apple gadgets into installing applications that steal information.
11 Nov 14, 5:18am
- Amazon debuts Siri-style virtual assistant in speaker
Internet retail titan Amazon on Thursday introduced a home virtual assistant always at the ready to answer questions, fetch news, play music or help with to-do lists.
7 Nov 14, 7:36am
- With big investments, tech giants battle to stay ahead
America's technology giants are drawing on their huge cash stockpiles to make big bets on investments and acquisitions that could prove to be visionary.
7 Nov 14, 7:21am
- New malware can infect iPhones via Mac computers
WireLurker malware is capable of stealing a variety of information from iPhones it infects.
6 Nov 14, 10:22pm
- Kakuma to pilot information project on health
A pilot project titled m-Health, that seeks to change the way information on health is delivered in refugee camps has been be launched in Kakuma.
5 Nov 14, 1:55pm
- Emojis tackle racial diversity
Those odd characters on your emails and text messages are about to see more diversity — sending a message that humanity comes in many colours.
5 Nov 14, 4:10am
- LG, Google strike patent-sharing deal
LG Electronics said Wednesday it had signed a long-term cross-licence deal with Google as the South Korean firm tries to expand its smartphone business.
5 Nov 14, 2:43am
- Google Glass may obstruct peripheral vision: study
People wearing Google Glass may experience significant blind spots on their right side, which could interfere with tasks such as driving, crossing the street and playing sports, US researchers said Tuesday.
5 Nov 14, 2:43am
- Apple sold by Jobs from parents' garage up for auction
An early Apple device sold by Steve Jobs from his parents' garage goes under the hammer in New York next month valued at Sh36m
4 Nov 14, 8:23am
- 'Nation' websites drive Facebook app’s launch in Tanzania
Tanzanian mobile browsers to follow news through newly launched Facebook application.
3 Nov 14, 7:08am
- UN chief Ban Ki-moon urges youth to use technology for economic growth
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has urged youths to use technology for Kenya's economic growth.
31 Oct 14, 11:56am
- IBM dips into Twitter stream for business insights
Twitter announced a partnership to let computing IBM dip into the public stream of tweets to provide businesses with insights for making decisions.
30 Oct 14, 10:16am
- US theaters advised to ban 'smart' watches and glasses
US film industry organizations on Wednesday put out word that movie theatres should ban smart watches or eyewear that could be used to record movies.
30 Oct 14, 9:16am
- Nestle Japan hiring 1,000 robots to sell espresso machines
Food giant Nestle said Wednesday that its Japan unit would hire 1,000 robots as sales clerks at stores across the country.
29 Oct 14, 9:07am
- Pain and gain as Kenya adopts digital payments
Global trends indicate that a shift from cash to electronic payments can save countries one to two percentage points of GDP annually.
29 Oct 14, 5:00am
- 'Cloud' lifts Microsoft earnings above expectations
Microsoft on Thursday reported quarterly profits ahead of most expectations, as revenues got a boost from its Xbox consoles and Internet "cloud" services for enterprises.
24 Oct 14, 4:54am
- Tech company targets counties with software solutions
Devolution has opened new business opportunities for small businesses and many investors have shifted their focus from the national government to counties.
23 Oct 14, 7:53am
- Airtel, KRA partnership enables subscribers to pay taxes via mobiles
Airtel subscribers can now pay their taxes through their mobile money platform following a partnership with the KRA.
22 Oct 14, 5:26pm
- Yahoo profit surges on Alibaba divestment, mobile
Yahoo said Tuesday its quarterly profit surged with its sale of shares in Chinese Internet powerhouse Alibaba.
22 Oct 14, 10:03am