- New malware can infect iPhones via Mac computers
WireLurker malware is capable of stealing a variety of information from iPhones it infects.
16 days ago 6 Nov 14, 10:22pm
- Kakuma to pilot information project on health
A pilot project titled m-Health, that seeks to change the way information on health is delivered in refugee camps has been be launched in Kakuma.
18 days ago 5 Nov 14, 1:55pm
- Emojis tackle racial diversity
Those odd characters on your emails and text messages are about to see more diversity — sending a message that humanity comes in many colours.
18 days ago 5 Nov 14, 4:10am
- LG, Google strike patent-sharing deal
LG Electronics said Wednesday it had signed a long-term cross-licence deal with Google as the South Korean firm tries to expand its smartphone business.
18 days ago 5 Nov 14, 2:43am
- Google Glass may obstruct peripheral vision: study
People wearing Google Glass may experience significant blind spots on their right side, which could interfere with tasks such as driving, crossing the street and playing sports, US researchers said Tuesday.
18 days ago 5 Nov 14, 2:43am
- Apple sold by Jobs from parents' garage up for auction
An early Apple device sold by Steve Jobs from his parents' garage goes under the hammer in New York next month valued at Sh36m
19 days ago 4 Nov 14, 8:23am
- 'Nation' websites drive Facebook app’s launch in Tanzania
Tanzanian mobile browsers to follow news through newly launched Facebook application.
20 days ago 3 Nov 14, 7:08am
- UN chief Ban Ki-moon urges youth to use technology for economic growth
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has urged youths to use technology for Kenya's economic growth.
23 days ago 31 Oct 14, 11:56am
- IBM dips into Twitter stream for business insights
Twitter announced a partnership to let computing IBM dip into the public stream of tweets to provide businesses with insights for making decisions.
24 days ago 30 Oct 14, 10:16am
- US theaters advised to ban 'smart' watches and glasses
US film industry organizations on Wednesday put out word that movie theatres should ban smart watches or eyewear that could be used to record movies.
24 days ago 30 Oct 14, 9:16am
- Nestle Japan hiring 1,000 robots to sell espresso machines
Food giant Nestle said Wednesday that its Japan unit would hire 1,000 robots as sales clerks at stores across the country.
25 days ago 29 Oct 14, 9:07am
- Pain and gain as Kenya adopts digital payments
Global trends indicate that a shift from cash to electronic payments can save countries one to two percentage points of GDP annually.
25 days ago 29 Oct 14, 5:00am
- 'Cloud' lifts Microsoft earnings above expectations
Microsoft on Thursday reported quarterly profits ahead of most expectations, as revenues got a boost from its Xbox consoles and Internet "cloud" services for enterprises.
30 days ago 24 Oct 14, 4:54am
- Tech company targets counties with software solutions
Devolution has opened new business opportunities for small businesses and many investors have shifted their focus from the national government to counties.
31 days ago 23 Oct 14, 7:53am
- Airtel, KRA partnership enables subscribers to pay taxes via mobiles
Airtel subscribers can now pay their taxes through their mobile money platform following a partnership with the KRA.
32 days ago 22 Oct 14, 5:26pm
- Yahoo profit surges on Alibaba divestment, mobile
Yahoo said Tuesday its quarterly profit surged with its sale of shares in Chinese Internet powerhouse Alibaba.
32 days ago 22 Oct 14, 10:03am
- Motor dealer bungles customer care in Twitter gaffe
Kenyan consumers have long endured bad customer service from their service providers, who blatantly make a show of their poor understanding of social media.
33 days ago 21 Oct 14, 6:22am
- Facebook sues lawyers over bogus founder claim
Facebook Monday sued lawyers who represented a man claiming he was entitled to a stake in the huge social network, saying they should have known he was a scam artist.
33 days ago 21 Oct 14, 3:02am
- Online forum targets youth with facts on safe sex, career
Empowerment Youth4life website offers young people in the region content on drugs, STIs and life skills to make informed choices.
38 days ago 16 Oct 14, 7:04am
- Online forum targets youth with facts on safe sex, career
Youth4life has come up with web and mobile-based platform to educate youth on their sexual reproductive health.
38 days ago 16 Oct 14, 2:31am
- New iPads aim to boost Apple in premium tablet market
Apple's expected unveiling of its new iPads Thursday looks to shore up its position at the high end.
39 days ago 15 Oct 14, 8:38am
- Issuance of driving licences to go online from next month
Renewal and application for new driving licences is set to go online next month
39 days ago 15 Oct 14, 1:07am
- Duo sets up platform for busy people who have pending tasks
Ever since their university years, 21-year-old Leila Khalif and her 23-year-old classmate Edwin Nderitu have had desire to help Kenyans living in the diaspora easily invest back home.
44 days ago 10 Oct 14, 10:50am
- Hackers leap from dark basements to world stage
Hackers are shaking off their reputations as nerdy, loner basement dwellers and rebranding themselves on the world stage as members of Internet age tribes.
44 days ago 10 Oct 14, 6:53am
- Internet giants enlisted in fight against online extremism
The European Union and US Internet giants including Facebook and Twitter have agreed to work together to combat online extremism.
45 days ago 9 Oct 14, 9:29am
- Safaricom wins top corporate honours at social media fete
Safaricom beat Chase Bank, Orange and Airtel to win the Customer Care category as well as the overall Corporate-of-the-Year OLX Social Media Awards.
45 days ago 9 Oct 14, 4:24am
- PC market steadies in third quarter: surveys
The global market for personal computers showed signs of stabilizing in the third quarter as infatuation with tablets appeared to fade,
45 days ago 9 Oct 14, 3:38am
- Dead Beat Kenya tops Google search trends
Dead Beat Kenya, a newly created Facebook page that exposes men who don't support their children, was the top trending search on Google in September.
52 days ago 2 Oct 14, 9:20am
- Another firm opts for use of thin SIM card
Tangaza Pesa plans to roll out its mobile phone services using thin SIM card despite hitches facing Equity Bank over the technology.
60 days ago 24 Sep 14, 1:33pm
- Chinese firm bags deal to roll out smart driving permits, car plates
China’s Huawei has won a contract for digital driving licences and new generation number plates.
60 days ago 24 Sep 14, 1:24pm
- Samsung launches Note 4 'phablet' ahead of schedule
Samsung launched the latest version of its oversized Galaxy Note smartphone earlier than expected Wednesday.
60 days ago 24 Sep 14, 2:06am
- Kenyans meet for global conversation on tech for social good
Thousands of people worldwide every year take part in the summit held in New York, in which participants engage on the most pressing social issues.
62 days ago 22 Sep 14, 7:56am
- Safaricom to continue hold on 4G licence
Tetra Radio accepted not to enforce the High Court award that gave it a right to the frequencies pending determination of the appeal.
62 days ago 22 Sep 14, 2:08am
- East Africa Data Centre expands capacity
East Africa Data Centre is the only Tier 3 secure electronic data centre in east and central Africa with the expansion expected to cost Sh1 billion.
62 days ago 22 Sep 14, 2:02am
- New Internet security solution launched
Sophos protects operating systems, desktops, mobile devices, gateways and exchange servers.
62 days ago 22 Sep 14, 1:44am
- Mobile network operators set for stiff competition
All the current moves overlap and, therefore, by default make all players tier one competitors.
62 days ago 22 Sep 14, 1:34am
- Nairobi's Evans Kidero tops list of most tech-savvy governors on Twitter
Some leaders have only three followers while others have no account.
62 days ago 22 Sep 14, 1:26am
- Russian hackers leak 5 million Google usernames, passwords
Russian hackers Wednesday posted usernames and passwords of close to five million Google accounts online.
72 days ago 12 Sep 14, 12:59pm
- New immigration boss does his first live chat
The newly appointed Major General (Rtd) Gordon Kihalangwa on Thursday continued with the Immigration Department chats on Twitter started by his predecessor Jane Waikenda
73 days ago 11 Sep 14, 12:35pm
- Tracking the wearables: From Google Glass to Apple Watch
Described as the company's "most personal device ever," the Apple Watch will pair with iPhones and allow users to view messages and apps on the wrist.The device will use a "digital crown" to scroll, zoom and navigate without obstructing the display…
74 days ago 10 Sep 14, 4:53am
- Apple unveils two big-screen iPhones
Apple on Tuesday unveiled two new versions of the iPhone, boosting the screen size of the iconic smartphone to 4.7 and 5.5 inches.
75 days ago 9 Sep 14, 1:20pm
- 10 steps to a successful social media campaign
At a time when almost every organisation has a presence online, the greatest concern is how to ensure brands are successful and visible online.
87 days ago 28 Aug 14, 1:35am
- Blogger Alai in the dock over 'annoying tweet'
IEBC chairman Issack Hassan has told a court that he did not attend a meeting at the Karen Blixen Club as alleged by blogger Robert Alai Onyango in a posting on Twitter.
13 Aug 14, 9:17am
- High Court revokes Matiangi’s board appointments
The High Court in Nairobi has revoked Cabinet Secretary Fred Matiang'i’s appointments of board members to the Information Communication Technology Authority, citing procedural impropriety.
7 Aug 14, 8:51am
- Kenyans chatting more, talking less on phone — report
Kenyans are chatting more online and talking less to each other on mobile phones, the latest report by the Communications Authority of Kenya (CAK) indicates.
28 Jul 14, 7:07am
- Counties to be connected to fibre optic, Matiangi
All the 47 counties will soon be connected to the fibre optic cable to enhance service delivery to Kenyans.
27 Jul 14, 4:56am
- Net security, social media misuse pose hurdles for managers
Some employees spend up to 80 per cent of office time online and 46 per cent misuse bandwidth, say studies.
24 Jul 14, 10:39am
- Strathmore University eyes power bill cuts with mega solar system
As the cost of electricity keeps rising in Kenya, more companies and colleges are turning to cheaper energy. Strathmore University has joined Williamsons Tea Factory which produces its own one megawatt (MW) and UNEP Headquarters which produces 500 ki…
24 Jul 14, 10:15am
- Secure intellectual property to ensure business continuity
Tales have been told of developers who go missing or startups that burn out and go belly up leaving clients distraught.
24 Jul 14, 10:06am
- Hackings not unique to Kenya, learn from them: expert
Kenya’s inaugural digital media bootcamp kicked off on Thursday at the Usiu Africa auditorium where digital media staff from different corporates will be interacting on how to best use the platform.
24 Jul 14, 8:06am