- Paid results: what Google really offers
EU takes issue with Google listing right below the paid ads Google Flight, its own air ticket price comparison search service, before any natural results of its search engine.
18 days ago 16 Apr 15, 4:56am
- Jawbone banks on smart fashion trend beyond watches
The pending arrival next week of Apple Watch, which unofficial estimates indicate has about a million pre-orders and could ignite the smart watch market.
18 days ago 16 Apr 15, 2:04am
- Kenyan innovators tapped for continental prize
Kenyans, Alex Mwaura Muriu and Kyai Mullei are among 10 finalists who have been shortlisted for prestigious Innovation Prize for Africa and stand to win a shared prize of Sh14 million ($150,000).
20 days ago 14 Apr 15, 7:45am
- New streaming apps could boost citizen journalism
Periscope and rival app Meerkat, which can deliver live video through Twitter to anyone online can become an important tool for citizen journalism.
21 days ago 13 Apr 15, 4:56am
- Smartphones boost US teens' connections: survey
Even though 87 percent of teens have access to a computer, 91 percent went online daily using a mobile device at least occasionally.
25 days ago 9 Apr 15, 6:57am
- Samsung predicts record S6 sales will halt profit slide
Along with its curved-edge variant, the Galaxy S6 Edge, the S6 will hit stores at home and in some 20 countries on Friday.
25 days ago 9 Apr 15, 6:05am
- Twitter launches Meerkat-killer app Periscope
Twitter on Thursday launched its streaming video application Periscope, a move that could dampen enthusiasm for the rising online star Meerkat, which offers a similar service.
27 days ago 7 Apr 15, 12:57pm
- Indian police to use pepper-spraying drones on unruly protesters
Police in a northern Indian city said Tuesday they have a new weapon for controlling unruly protesters: pepper-spraying drones.
27 days ago 7 Apr 15, 10:43am
- Safaricom bundles: Validity vs volume trade off
Subscribers will get a smaller data allowance on a 90-day validity plans than they would under other tariff.
48 days ago 17 Mar 15, 10:15am
- Iran launches smartphone app for leader Khamenei speeches
Iran has launched a smartphone app for all the speeches made by its supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei over the past quarter of a century.
49 days ago 16 Mar 15, 5:15am
- Live stream app Meerkat a Twitter sensation
In the rapid-fire Twitterverse, Meerkat has become a sudden hit with tens of thousands of users trying it.
50 days ago 15 Mar 15, 9:06am
- Outage hits Apple's iTunes, App Store
The tech giant's status page showed the App Store, iTunes, iBooks store and Mac App store went down from 0900 GMT.
53 days ago 12 Mar 15, 6:58am
- London's National Gallery bans selfie sticks
Museums around the world have banned selfie sticks, alarmed by the possible hazards to visitors and artworks.
53 days ago 12 Mar 15, 6:45am
- Hillary Clinton and her private emails
Former secretary of state Hillary Clinton's private email account is at the heart of a swirling US political controversy.
53 days ago 12 Mar 15, 6:20am
- Smart wearables all the rage at 2015 Mobile World Congress
The future of internet will be with us in 2020; 2015 will be the year of the wearable.
55 days ago 10 Mar 15, 12:14pm
- Apple's next big thing goes for wrists
Apple aims to have its smart watch on wrists in China, the US and beyond in April, and ignite its first new gadget category.
55 days ago 10 Mar 15, 2:25am
- Safaricom extends bundles validity after online outrage
Data customers will now have the three months' expiry period for the different data tariff plans.
56 days ago 9 Mar 15, 7:55am
- Kenya’s women close digital gap
A new report released this week ranks Kenya’s women among the most connected in the world.
56 days ago 9 Mar 15, 7:16am
- Cyber thugs taking data hostage
Marriage therapist Valerie Goss turned on her computer one day and found that all of her data was being held hostage.
67 days ago 26 Feb 15, 10:42am
- Google bans sexually explicit content from blogging platform
Google has given all the users on blogger one month to comply.
68 days ago 25 Feb 15, 4:31am
- James Oswago, Trevy Oyombra to be grilled by EACC over chicken scam
The two were scheduled to appear before EACC on Monday but that was pushed to Wednesday.
68 days ago 25 Feb 15, 2:57am
- Parenting tech keeps tabs on children
American parents are fast realising that it is not that hard for them to snoop on their smartphone-addicted kids.
81 days ago 12 Feb 15, 8:13am
- Generation Z: Born in the digital age
Numbering around two billion, these youngsters, born after 1995 and unaware of a world without Internet, live a life that seems a million miles removed from the hopes, dreams and morals of previous generations.
82 days ago 11 Feb 15, 10:00am
- Global IT firms offer 100 internships to Kenyans
Global and Kenyan IT firms have pledged to offer hundreds of internship slots annually aimed at providing on-the-job training for fresh graduates.
82 days ago 11 Feb 15, 5:26am
- Apple becomes first company worth over $700 bn
Apple is far ahead in market value from the number two company, oil giant Exxon Mobil.
83 days ago 10 Feb 15, 10:37pm
- Microsoft to offer ICT training to government officials
Microsoft and an American-based university have partnered to offer training programs to senior officials in government.
88 days ago 5 Feb 15, 8:23am
- Bill Gates: Mobile money innovation to 'trickle up' to developed countries
Billionaire predicts services such as M-Pesa will eventually be adopted by wealthy nations.
88 days ago 5 Feb 15, 7:17am
- Amazon to offer business email, taking on Microsoft
US online giant Amazon announced plans to offer a cloud-based email and calendar service to directly compete with Microsoft Outlook and others.
95 days ago 29 Jan 15, 4:34am
- Kenya IT firms to benefit from Sh100m fund
The funds will benefit 33 SMEs and will support training and advisory services on export marketing.
95 days ago 29 Jan 15, 4:05am
- Apple profit hits new high on rocketing iPhone sales
Apple's quarterly profit soared to a record Sh1.6 trillion ($18 billion) on the back of unprecedented iPhone sales, the tech giant said Tuesday.
96 days ago 28 Jan 15, 7:20am
- Tradition meets Twitter as Saudis pledge to new king
Decades ago, Saudis trekked across their desert kingdom to pledge allegiance to their new kings at their palaces. Now they are just using Twitter.
96 days ago 28 Jan 15, 4:53am
- China's online population nears 650 million: govt
The number of Internet users in China has risen to nearly 650 million, authorities said over the weekend, as the world's largest online population continues to rise.
98 days ago 26 Jan 15, 3:10am
- Microsoft HoloLens goggles captivate with holograms
Microsoft's HoloLens goggles have hit a sweet spot between Google Glass and virtual reality headgear, immersing users in a mesmerizing world of augmented reality holograms.
99 days ago 25 Jan 15, 4:22am
- Facebook puts warning labels on graphic videos
Facebook is putting warning labels on graphic videos that members upload and share with friends, the leading social network said Tuesday.
15 Jan 15, 10:46am
- Facebook testing workplace version of social network
Facebook said Wednesday it is testing a version of its leading social network tailored for getting jobs done in workplaces instead of tuning into the lives of friends.
15 Jan 15, 7:56am
- Sporty tech gadgets put data in users' hands
Olympic cycling medalist Dotsie Bausch is hooked on data, and she wants everyone to know it.
8 Jan 15, 7:56am
- Google domain grows as Android takes root in TVs
Google-backed Android software that leads the smartphone market is spreading to a new generation of smart televisions.
7 Jan 15, 6:16am
- Electronics show a window into the 'Internet of Me'
New technology is getting more personal. So personal, it is moving to connect and analyse our movements, our health, our brains and our everyday devices.
5 Jan 15, 4:17am
- Global tech spending sputters amid economic woes
The outlook for global technology spending is uncertain after nearly flat growth in the past year, with turbulent economic conditions making a forecast difficult, an industry gathering was told Sunday.
5 Jan 15, 4:12am
- Sony's PlayStation back online after Christmas hack
Sony's PlayStation reported that its network was back online and claimed that it had been attacked, three days after it and Microsoft's Xbox went down in an outage.
28 Dec 14, 6:03am
- Google and Microsoft stand with Sony against hackers
Google and Microsoft joined forces with Sony on Wednesday, using their online might to release "The Interview" film to online audiences despite threats from hackers.
25 Dec 14, 10:47am
- Jubilee government rates its digital performance
Government websites are poor constructed and “comparable to the cover page of ‘Hello Children’.
24 Dec 14, 3:15am
- Sauti Sol's 'Nishike' tops list of most watched music videos in Kenya
Sauti Sol's "Sura Yako" also third on the list.
9 Dec 14, 9:58am
- North Korea denies carrying out hack attack on Sony Pictures
The attack made unreleased Sony films available on illegal file-sharing websites.
7 Dec 14, 2:53am
- App to hook up farmers with buyers
The International Fertiliser Development Corporation has launched a software to help connect farmers with agriculture enterprises.
4 Dec 14, 5:58pm
- Online TV and video calls a reality as Safaricom launches 4G network
Safaricom customers will soon be able to watch TV online, make video calls and download content more easily, after the company Thursday launched its 4G network.
4 Dec 14, 5:58pm
- Equity bank in online bid to support youth
Equity Bank Kenya has launched an online campaign to provide support to young entrepreneurs.
3 Dec 14, 7:33am
- BlackBerry gets OK to buy encryptors of Merkel's mobile
Germany said Friday it had approved Canadian smartphone maker BlackBerry's purchase of data encryption firm Secusmart, whose customers include Chancellor Angela Merkel.
29 Nov 14, 1:18pm
- European lawmakers send tough message to Google
The European Parliament voted overwhelmingly for the break-up of Google on Thursday.
27 Nov 14, 5:46pm
- Microsoft says it pays Chinese taxes after cryptic media report
Software giant Microsoft said Wednesday that it pays Chinese taxes "consistent" with a China-US bilateral agreement.
27 Nov 14, 4:46pm