- Tradition meets Twitter as Saudis pledge to new king
Decades ago, Saudis trekked across their desert kingdom to pledge allegiance to their new kings at their palaces. Now they are just using Twitter.
4 hours ago 28 Jan 15, 4:53am
- China's online population nears 650 million: govt
The number of Internet users in China has risen to nearly 650 million, authorities said over the weekend, as the world's largest online population continues to rise.
2 days ago 26 Jan 15, 3:10am
- Microsoft HoloLens goggles captivate with holograms
Microsoft's HoloLens goggles have hit a sweet spot between Google Glass and virtual reality headgear, immersing users in a mesmerizing world of augmented reality holograms.
3 days ago 25 Jan 15, 4:22am
- Facebook puts warning labels on graphic videos
Facebook is putting warning labels on graphic videos that members upload and share with friends, the leading social network said Tuesday.
13 days ago 15 Jan 15, 10:46am
- Facebook testing workplace version of social network
Facebook said Wednesday it is testing a version of its leading social network tailored for getting jobs done in workplaces instead of tuning into the lives of friends.
13 days ago 15 Jan 15, 7:56am
- Sporty tech gadgets put data in users' hands
Olympic cycling medalist Dotsie Bausch is hooked on data, and she wants everyone to know it.
20 days ago 8 Jan 15, 7:56am
- Google domain grows as Android takes root in TVs
Google-backed Android software that leads the smartphone market is spreading to a new generation of smart televisions.
21 days ago 7 Jan 15, 6:16am
- Electronics show a window into the 'Internet of Me'
New technology is getting more personal. So personal, it is moving to connect and analyse our movements, our health, our brains and our everyday devices.
23 days ago 5 Jan 15, 4:17am
- Global tech spending sputters amid economic woes
The outlook for global technology spending is uncertain after nearly flat growth in the past year, with turbulent economic conditions making a forecast difficult, an industry gathering was told Sunday.
23 days ago 5 Jan 15, 4:12am
- Sony's PlayStation back online after Christmas hack
Sony's PlayStation reported that its network was back online and claimed that it had been attacked, three days after it and Microsoft's Xbox went down in an outage.
31 days ago 28 Dec 14, 6:03am
- Google and Microsoft stand with Sony against hackers
Google and Microsoft joined forces with Sony on Wednesday, using their online might to release "The Interview" film to online audiences despite threats from hackers.
34 days ago 25 Dec 14, 10:47am
- Jubilee government rates its digital performance
Government websites are poor constructed and “comparable to the cover page of ‘Hello Children’.
35 days ago 24 Dec 14, 3:15am
- Sauti Sol's 'Nishike' tops list of most watched music videos in Kenya
Sauti Sol's "Sura Yako" also third on the list.
50 days ago 9 Dec 14, 9:58am
- North Korea denies carrying out hack attack on Sony Pictures
The attack made unreleased Sony films available on illegal file-sharing websites.
52 days ago 7 Dec 14, 2:53am
- App to hook up farmers with buyers
The International Fertiliser Development Corporation has launched a software to help connect farmers with agriculture enterprises.
55 days ago 4 Dec 14, 5:58pm
- Online TV and video calls a reality as Safaricom launches 4G network
Safaricom customers will soon be able to watch TV online, make video calls and download content more easily, after the company Thursday launched its 4G network.
55 days ago 4 Dec 14, 5:58pm
- Equity bank in online bid to support youth
Equity Bank Kenya has launched an online campaign to provide support to young entrepreneurs.
56 days ago 3 Dec 14, 7:33am
- BlackBerry gets OK to buy encryptors of Merkel's mobile
Germany said Friday it had approved Canadian smartphone maker BlackBerry's purchase of data encryption firm Secusmart, whose customers include Chancellor Angela Merkel.
60 days ago 29 Nov 14, 1:18pm
- European lawmakers send tough message to Google
The European Parliament voted overwhelmingly for the break-up of Google on Thursday.
62 days ago 27 Nov 14, 5:46pm
- Microsoft says it pays Chinese taxes after cryptic media report
Software giant Microsoft said Wednesday that it pays Chinese taxes "consistent" with a China-US bilateral agreement.
62 days ago 27 Nov 14, 4:46pm
- Gamers order food by yelling at consoles
Gamers can now order Domino's pizza by simply yelling "feed" me at their Xbox One consoles after the introduction of a new online app.
64 days ago 25 Nov 14, 7:56am
- Five-year-old 'genius' passes Microsoft exam
A five-year-old has been hailed a "genius" after passing a Microsoft exam to become a computer specialist with time to spare.
64 days ago 25 Nov 14, 6:46am
- Youth create real estate location website
How about using your phone to browse properties located hundreds of kilometres away instead of going to search physically?
69 days ago 20 Nov 14, 9:25am
- Firefox browsers switch to Yahoo for online search
Firefox maker Mozilla announced Wednesday that it is switching to Yahoo as the default service for online searches done through the Web browser in the United States.
69 days ago 20 Nov 14, 5:34am
- New York's Times Square lit up by huge digital billboard
New York's Times Square was illuminated by the world's highest resolution video display screen of its size as the monitor, nearly as big as a football field was switched on.
70 days ago 19 Nov 14, 8:35am
- Facebook launches tech news page
Facebook on Tuesday launched FB Techwire, billed as a showplace for technology talk shared by influential sources.
70 days ago 19 Nov 14, 5:27am
- Facebook addresses privacy fears while ramping ad targeting
Facebook on Thursday made it easier for people to understand and control how their information is used at the leading social network while expanding its quest to better target ads.
76 days ago 13 Nov 14, 8:22am
- Elon Musk confirms Internet satellite plan
High-tech entrepreneur Elon Musk confirmed that he is working on a web of small, low-cost satellites that could provide wireless Internet around the world.
77 days ago 12 Nov 14, 9:08am
- Samsung, Strathmore partner to develop Kenyan apps
Samsung Electronics is partnering with Strathmore’s @iLab Africa to create locally relevant mobile applications that will drive sales of its smartphones and tablets.
77 days ago 12 Nov 14, 4:44am
- Hackers could trick way into Apple gadgets: researcher
Cybersecurity firm FireEye warned Monday that hackers could trick owners of Apple gadgets into installing applications that steal information.
78 days ago 11 Nov 14, 5:18am
- Amazon debuts Siri-style virtual assistant in speaker
Internet retail titan Amazon on Thursday introduced a home virtual assistant always at the ready to answer questions, fetch news, play music or help with to-do lists.
82 days ago 7 Nov 14, 7:36am
- With big investments, tech giants battle to stay ahead
America's technology giants are drawing on their huge cash stockpiles to make big bets on investments and acquisitions that could prove to be visionary.
82 days ago 7 Nov 14, 7:21am
- New malware can infect iPhones via Mac computers
WireLurker malware is capable of stealing a variety of information from iPhones it infects.
82 days ago 6 Nov 14, 10:22pm
- Kakuma to pilot information project on health
A pilot project titled m-Health, that seeks to change the way information on health is delivered in refugee camps has been be launched in Kakuma.
84 days ago 5 Nov 14, 1:55pm
- Emojis tackle racial diversity
Those odd characters on your emails and text messages are about to see more diversity — sending a message that humanity comes in many colours.
84 days ago 5 Nov 14, 4:10am
- LG, Google strike patent-sharing deal
LG Electronics said Wednesday it had signed a long-term cross-licence deal with Google as the South Korean firm tries to expand its smartphone business.
84 days ago 5 Nov 14, 2:43am
- Google Glass may obstruct peripheral vision: study
People wearing Google Glass may experience significant blind spots on their right side, which could interfere with tasks such as driving, crossing the street and playing sports, US researchers said Tuesday.
84 days ago 5 Nov 14, 2:43am
- Apple sold by Jobs from parents' garage up for auction
An early Apple device sold by Steve Jobs from his parents' garage goes under the hammer in New York next month valued at Sh36m
85 days ago 4 Nov 14, 8:23am
- 'Nation' websites drive Facebook app’s launch in Tanzania
Tanzanian mobile browsers to follow news through newly launched Facebook application.
86 days ago 3 Nov 14, 7:08am
- UN chief Ban Ki-moon urges youth to use technology for economic growth
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has urged youths to use technology for Kenya's economic growth.
89 days ago 31 Oct 14, 11:56am
- IBM dips into Twitter stream for business insights
Twitter announced a partnership to let computing IBM dip into the public stream of tweets to provide businesses with insights for making decisions.
90 days ago 30 Oct 14, 10:16am
- US theaters advised to ban 'smart' watches and glasses
US film industry organizations on Wednesday put out word that movie theatres should ban smart watches or eyewear that could be used to record movies.
90 days ago 30 Oct 14, 9:16am
- Nestle Japan hiring 1,000 robots to sell espresso machines
Food giant Nestle said Wednesday that its Japan unit would hire 1,000 robots as sales clerks at stores across the country.
91 days ago 29 Oct 14, 9:07am
- Pain and gain as Kenya adopts digital payments
Global trends indicate that a shift from cash to electronic payments can save countries one to two percentage points of GDP annually.
91 days ago 29 Oct 14, 5:00am
- 'Cloud' lifts Microsoft earnings above expectations
Microsoft on Thursday reported quarterly profits ahead of most expectations, as revenues got a boost from its Xbox consoles and Internet "cloud" services for enterprises.
96 days ago 24 Oct 14, 4:54am
- Tech company targets counties with software solutions
Devolution has opened new business opportunities for small businesses and many investors have shifted their focus from the national government to counties.
97 days ago 23 Oct 14, 7:53am
- Airtel, KRA partnership enables subscribers to pay taxes via mobiles
Airtel subscribers can now pay their taxes through their mobile money platform following a partnership with the KRA.
98 days ago 22 Oct 14, 5:26pm
- Yahoo profit surges on Alibaba divestment, mobile
Yahoo said Tuesday its quarterly profit surged with its sale of shares in Chinese Internet powerhouse Alibaba.
98 days ago 22 Oct 14, 10:03am
- Motor dealer bungles customer care in Twitter gaffe
Kenyan consumers have long endured bad customer service from their service providers, who blatantly make a show of their poor understanding of social media.
99 days ago 21 Oct 14, 6:22am
- Facebook sues lawyers over bogus founder claim
Facebook Monday sued lawyers who represented a man claiming he was entitled to a stake in the huge social network, saying they should have known he was a scam artist.
99 days ago 21 Oct 14, 3:02am
- Online forum targets youth with facts on safe sex, career
Empowerment Youth4life website offers young people in the region content on drugs, STIs and life skills to make informed choices.
16 Oct 14, 7:04am
- Online forum targets youth with facts on safe sex, career
Youth4life has come up with web and mobile-based platform to educate youth on their sexual reproductive health.
16 Oct 14, 2:31am
- New iPads aim to boost Apple in premium tablet market
Apple's expected unveiling of its new iPads Thursday looks to shore up its position at the high end.
15 Oct 14, 8:38am
- Issuance of driving licences to go online from next month
Renewal and application for new driving licences is set to go online next month
15 Oct 14, 1:07am
- Duo sets up platform for busy people who have pending tasks
Ever since their university years, 21-year-old Leila Khalif and her 23-year-old classmate Edwin Nderitu have had desire to help Kenyans living in the diaspora easily invest back home.
10 Oct 14, 10:50am
- Hackers leap from dark basements to world stage
Hackers are shaking off their reputations as nerdy, loner basement dwellers and rebranding themselves on the world stage as members of Internet age tribes.
10 Oct 14, 6:53am
- Internet giants enlisted in fight against online extremism
The European Union and US Internet giants including Facebook and Twitter have agreed to work together to combat online extremism.
9 Oct 14, 9:29am
- Safaricom wins top corporate honours at social media fete
Safaricom beat Chase Bank, Orange and Airtel to win the Customer Care category as well as the overall Corporate-of-the-Year OLX Social Media Awards.
9 Oct 14, 4:24am
- PC market steadies in third quarter: surveys
The global market for personal computers showed signs of stabilizing in the third quarter as infatuation with tablets appeared to fade,
9 Oct 14, 3:38am
- Dead Beat Kenya tops Google search trends
Dead Beat Kenya, a newly created Facebook page that exposes men who don't support their children, was the top trending search on Google in September.
2 Oct 14, 9:20am