- President Uhuru asked to explain missing Sh8bn
President Uhuru Kenyatta and his deputy, William Ruto, have been asked to account for Sh8 billion that went missing from the Office of President.
2 days ago 27 Aug 14, 12:33pm
- Accused seeks call data from mobile firms
A man facing murder charges in relation to the recent Lamu attacks wants Safaricom and Airtel to give him details of call records pertaining to his two mobile phone numbers.
2 days ago 27 Aug 14, 12:32pm
- Road firms’ pay frozen over fraud
The Trans Nzoia county government has frozen payments for all road works done in the region in the last financial year citing irregularities and fraud
2 days ago 27 Aug 14, 12:31pm
- Koskei allays maize shortage fears, blames Turkana hunger on poverty
Agriculture Cabinet Secretary Felix Koskei Wednesday denied reports of a maize shortage, saying there is a surplus of the staple food.
2 days ago 27 Aug 14, 12:30pm
- Sonko ordered to pay school fees in paternity dispute
A court has ordered Nairobi Senator Mike Sonko to continue paying school fees for two children, who a Kwale woman claims he fathered.
2 days ago 27 Aug 14, 12:30pm
- Legal tussle stalls bid to revive Kicomi
Efforts to revive the cotton industry in Kisumu have hit a snag due to wrangles over the ownership of the only ginnery in the region.
2 days ago 27 Aug 14, 12:29pm
- KNUT questions hiring of teachers in Mombasa
Over 100 shortlisted applicants were Wednesday interviewed for teaching positions in Mombasa amid accusations by KNUT that the exercise was non- participatory.
2 days ago 27 Aug 14, 12:04pm
- JKIA and Mombasa port main ivory conduits, says report
Nairobi’s JKIA and the Mombasa Port are among the major conduits for the multi-billion illegal ivory trade.
2 days ago 27 Aug 14, 9:25am
- Police launch manhunt for gang that shot Mombasa chief detective
Police in Mombasa County have launched a manhunt for four gunmen who shot and injured Mombasa Urban chief investigating officer on Tuesday night.
2 days ago 27 Aug 14, 6:54am
- Kenyans five times more likely to die from police bullet
Kenyans are five times more likely to die from a police bullet than from one fired by a criminal.
2 days ago 27 Aug 14, 3:06am
- Discontent over venue threatens to mar Turkana cultural festival
The Turkana cultural festival could be off to a rocky start today after some local leaders threatened to boycott it.
2 days ago 27 Aug 14, 2:30am
- Mandera skirmishes a spillover from Ethiopia, says DIG Kaindi
The conflict pitting the Garre and Degodia clans in Mandera County is a spillover of similar skirmishes in Ethiopia.
2 days ago 27 Aug 14, 2:20am
- Okoth Obado throws cigarette company out of county
Governor Okoth Obado Tuesday banned cigarette manufacturer Mastermind Tobacco Kenya (MTK) from operating in Migori County.
3 days ago 26 Aug 14, 12:00pm
- Kwale banks on mining, tourism
Kwale County has identified mining and tourism as key drivers of growth as the region held its first investors’ forum.
3 days ago 26 Aug 14, 11:59am
- Security beefed up as agriculture fair starts
President Uhuru Kenyatta is expected to open the Mombasa International Agricultural Show Thursday amid tight security.
3 days ago 26 Aug 14, 11:58am
- Looming crisis as maize virus strikes
Decreased rainfall and a resurgence in the North Rift of a viral disease that affects maize have raised fears of a food crisis in Kenya next year.
3 days ago 26 Aug 14, 11:50am
- Leaders in HIV-prone areas spring to action
Governors from Western Kenya counties that bear the burden of high HIV/Aids infections have vowed to step up measures to curb the pandemic.
3 days ago 26 Aug 14, 11:49am
- Meru leaders oppose Nacada bid to set miraa chewing hours
Leaders from Meru have opposed a suggestion by Nacada boss John Mututho to set specific hours for chewing miraa.
3 days ago 26 Aug 14, 8:06am
- Meru MPs say Governor Munya fuelling political divisions
MPs from Meru have accused Governor Peter Munya of fuelling divisions among leaders in the county.
3 days ago 26 Aug 14, 7:15am
- IDP audit ordered to flush out imposters in Lamu
Lamu County Commissioner Miiri Njenga has ordered an audit of IDPs in camps so as to flush out imposters.
3 days ago 26 Aug 14, 6:30am
- Study tracks movement of two vultures across Kenya borders
Two vultures tagged between February and June2014 have covered a total of 166,500 square kilometres.
3 days ago 26 Aug 14, 5:25am
- Women say cattle rustling menace affecting region's development
Women from the pastoralist communities have appealed to President Uhuru Kenyatta to help in tackling cattle rustling.
3 days ago 26 Aug 14, 4:35am
- Chrisco church faithful mourn death of founder Harry Das
More than 500,000 faithful of Chrisco church in Kenya are mourning the death of their founder Apostle Harry Das.
3 days ago 26 Aug 14, 3:36am
- Suspect killed, 8 arrested over Mandera clashes as calm returns
One suspect has been killed and eight others arrested in connection with the recent clashes in Mandera County.
3 days ago 26 Aug 14, 3:02am
- Women say cartels preventing them from accessing govt tenders
Women leaders from Mombasa County have said cartels are preventing women groups from getting government tenders.
4 days ago 26 Aug 14, 1:35am
- Angry crowd disrupts first Kisumu CDB meeting
A county development board meeting was Monday disrupted when angry residents stormed the venue.
4 days ago 25 Aug 14, 2:13pm
- New regulator may take over from NCPB
A major overhaul of grain production, storage and marketing might be in the works if the recommendations of a consulting firm are implemented.
4 days ago 25 Aug 14, 2:12pm
- Firm to fork out Sh6bn for minerals survey bid
Mining Cabinet Secretary Najib Balala said this would help the ministry to gather accurate information on resources available and their value.
4 days ago 25 Aug 14, 2:11pm
- Vihiga county staff sent home in hiring row
Staff recruited by the Vihiga County Assembly four months ago have been locked out of their offices following a dispute.
4 days ago 25 Aug 14, 2:10pm
- Governors fault MPs on devolved funds
Council of Governors Secretary Ken Lusaka said MPs should stop trying to control county funds.
4 days ago 25 Aug 14, 2:10pm
- Bad blood between Munya and MPs threatens growth
The frosty relationship between Meru Governor Peter Munya and local MPs is threatening the smooth running of the county.
4 days ago 25 Aug 14, 2:08pm
- Hassan Joho calls for a stop of electioneering mood
Mombasa Governor Hassan Joho has asked leaders to stop putting the country into an electioneering mood.
4 days ago 25 Aug 14, 10:14am
- Scores injured as Citi Hoppa bus overturns
Several people were on Monday afternoon injured after a Citi Hoppa bus overturned on Valley Road near Integrity Centre in Nairobi.
4 days ago 25 Aug 14, 9:58am
- Musalia Mudavadi says referendum will not help counties get more cash
Amani Coalition leader Musalia Mudavadi has said a referendum will not lead to the allocation of more money to the counties.
4 days ago 25 Aug 14, 9:45am
- Six injured as explosion rocks Mandera town
Six casualties were on Monday evacuated to Mandera hospital after an explosion at a shop near Blue Light Hospital in Mandera Town.
4 days ago 25 Aug 14, 8:22am
- Migori County leads in illicit brew trade, says Nacada
Migori County is leading in the production of illicit brew, according to a report by Nacada submitted to Parliament.
4 days ago 25 Aug 14, 8:15am
- Police gun down four suspected gangsters in Nyeri
Police have shot dead four suspected gangsters at Karatina in Nyeri County and recovered two AK 47 rifles.
4 days ago 25 Aug 14, 7:00am
- Court stops governors from appearing before Senate
The High Court has stopped four governors — Isaac Ruto (Bomet), William Kabogo (Kiambu), Mwangi wa Iria (Murang’a) and Jack Ranguma (Kisumu) — from appearing before the Senate to answer audit queries.
4 days ago 25 Aug 14, 6:43am
- Court stops senators from holding county board meetings
The High Court has issued temporary orders stopping senators from convening County Development Boards after governors moved to court.
4 days ago 25 Aug 14, 6:06am
- Emuhaya MP Wilbur Ottichilo seeks to block Kenya's nuclear energy plans
Emuhaya MP Wilbur Ottichilo has filed a motion in Parliament seeking to stop the development of nuclear energy.
4 days ago 25 Aug 14, 3:45am
- Divisions emerge among ward reps on call for referendum
Sharp divisions have emerged among ward representatives over the referendum push.
4 days ago 25 Aug 14, 2:23am
- Western Kenya leaders torn over fate of Namwamba
Leaders from western Kenya have been polarised by plans to form a single party through which to pursue the presidency.
4 days ago 25 Aug 14, 2:05am
- Boda boda criminals in Nairobi will be gunned down, warns Benson Kubue
Nairobi County Police chief Benson Kibue Sunday warned boda boda riders involved in crime that they would be gunned down.
5 days ago 25 Aug 14, 1:33am
- Uncertainty as Kisumu MPs shun Nyong’o meeting
Some leaders from Kisumu have declined an invitation by Kisumu Senator Peter Anyang’ Nyong’o to a county board meeting.
5 days ago 25 Aug 14, 1:10am
- MPs on fact-finding tour of Lamu after attacks
A team comprising seven MPs has completed a two-day fact-finding tour of Lamu following the recent spate of attacks.
5 days ago 25 Aug 14, 12:30am
- Police in Mandera given orders to shoot criminals
Police in Mandera have been given orders to shoot and kill those found perpetrating crimes following the escalation of inter-clan wars.
5 days ago 24 Aug 14, 1:55pm
- Eyebrows raised as funds hitch hurts schools upgrade
Headteachers of schools that benefited from the economic stimulus project have raised concern over the stalling of classroom construction.
5 days ago 24 Aug 14, 12:26pm
- Victims of Mpeketoni raids facing starvation
More than 1,000 people, displaced by the Lamu attacks and who are now living in camps, are in dire need of food, the Nation has established.
5 days ago 24 Aug 14, 12:20pm
- Police patrol border after three killed in Tanzania
Security has been beefed up along the border of Kenya and Tanzania to avert revenge attacks following the killing of three Kenyans in the neighbouring country last week.
5 days ago 24 Aug 14, 12:09pm
- Use referendum only as last option, says Governor Kidero
Nairobi Governor Evans Kidero has said a referendum should only be used as the last option in addressing national issues.
5 days ago 24 Aug 14, 12:05pm