- William ole Ntimama says no to tea fence on the Mau Forest
Leaders accuse Mr Ruto of favouring the settlers.
2 days ago 5 Jul 15, 12:40pm
- KPA evicts 28 workers it sacked for taking part in strike
Ejection is illegal as tenants were not given adequate notice, says union.
2 days ago 5 Jul 15, 11:49am
- Plan to build Sh35m arch, offices in Nandi approved
Facility will be used to market tourist attractions.
2 days ago 5 Jul 15, 11:35am
- We’re not lax in revenue collection, say governors
You’re relying too much on the Treasury, leaders told.
2 days ago 5 Jul 15, 11:29am
- Nakuru liquor operation nets KRA stickers
Goods were recovered in a home at Engashura in Bahati constituency.
3 days ago 5 Jul 15, 9:58am
- Administrators sent home over illegal alcohol
Mukurwei-ini Deputy County Commissioner dismisses them with immediate effect.
3 days ago 5 Jul 15, 7:12am
- The sights at Masaku Sevens
Crowds descend on Machakos as tournament returns.
3 days ago 5 Jul 15, 3:35am
- Nakuru court sends alcohol petition to Nairobi
Judge refers matter to Constitutional and Human Rights Court.
3 days ago 5 Jul 15, 3:19am
- Tigania West CID boss charged with soliciting bribe
James Oludhe Ochieng appeared before Meru Principal Magistrate Joseph Karanja. He denied the charges.
5 days ago 3 Jul 15, 9:12am
- Residents burn three houses over illicit alcohol
The incident occurred in the wake of President Uhuru Kenyatta’s directive that all illegal liquor be eliminated in Mt Kenya region
5 days ago 3 Jul 15, 7:59am
- Two officers die, suspects injured in Narumoru road accident
According to Kieni East OCPD Ancient Kaloki, the cause of the accident was not known.
5 days ago 3 Jul 15, 7:57am
- TSC interdicts principal, deputy over sex abuse at girls' school
The principal and her deputy were interdicted for "negligence of duty and failing to take action."
5 days ago 3 Jul 15, 5:31am
- Police begin crackdown on illegal brews, arrest suspects
Several raids were carried out in Nyeri, Murang’a, Kirinyaga and Isiolo counties.
5 days ago 3 Jul 15, 5:25am
- Meru residents warned against consuming water from River Mpuone
The county's Public Health Director Euphantus Kariuki said the stream, which drains its water into River Kathita, was contaminated.
5 days ago 3 Jul 15, 5:01am
- Families left homeless after fire razes 70 timber houses
More than 70 houses were reduced to ashes by the Thursday evening inferno that was intensified by windy weather, which made rescue efforts difficult.
5 days ago 3 Jul 15, 3:45am
- Meru County reduces publication days for Bill on ward funds
The passage and enactment of the Bill will see the MCAs from the 45 wards each controlling Sh35 million for development.
5 days ago 3 Jul 15, 3:01am
- Officials lift ban imposed on hotels over cholera outbreak
Embu County Director of Health Philip Masaulo said the decision was reached after the area recorded no new cases of the waterborne disease.
5 days ago 3 Jul 15, 3:01am
- Man gets 50-year jail term for defiling two nursery school children
Josphat Namu, 37, was found guilty of sexually assaulting and indecently touching the girls’ private parts.
5 days ago 3 Jul 15, 3:00am
- NHIF deductions money for 2017 campaigns, claim workers
The strike comes after the talks with acting Labour Cabinet Secretary Raychelle Omamo on the disputed NHIF rates flopped on Tuesday evening.
5 days ago 2 Jul 15, 12:45pm
- Expectant woman dies after failing to raise Sh1,000 bribe for ambulance
Busia residents are furious over the death of an expectant mother after an ambulance driver failed to take her to a different hospital for failure to pay Sh1, 000 bribe.
5 days ago 2 Jul 15, 12:38pm
- Mama Sarah leads the push for Obama to visit K’Ogelo
K’ogelo village is the home of President Obama’s father, Barack Obama Snr.
5 days ago 2 Jul 15, 12:36pm
- Let’s fight alcoholism together, central MCAs urge Uhuru
President Kenyatta on Wednesday declared war against alcoholism in the region saying it was to blame for the many deaths and malfunctioning men.
5 days ago 2 Jul 15, 12:34pm
- Nine killed in Mandera attack by clan militia from Somalia
"We are hoping there will be no more attacks in the area but the attackers are not Al-Shabaab" - Mohamud Saleh
6 days ago 2 Jul 15, 3:01am
- Lupita weeps over insecurity in Kenya
Oscar Award winner Lupita Amondi Nyong'o was on Wednesday moved to tears by a poem on insecurity in Kenya.
6 days ago 1 Jul 15, 1:37pm
- Uhuru move on Nyeri alcoholism good: Nyokabi
Most of the counties in the region have borne the brunt of excessive drinking with men and youth spending most of their time imbibing illicit brews.
6 days ago 1 Jul 15, 1:18pm
- KWS denies kidnapping allegations
The Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS) has denied any involvement in the alleged disappearance of a businessman in Meru last week.
6 days ago 1 Jul 15, 1:03pm
- 11 APs injured in Mandera as they rush to quell clan fighting
Clan clashes have rocked Mandera County especially between the Garre and Degodia clans.
6 days ago 1 Jul 15, 11:59am
- Governors call for water management reforms in counties
The national and county governments should cooperate to bring sustainable reforms to the water sector.
7 days ago 1 Jul 15, 6:55am
- Governor Kabogo cancels wines and spirits shops licences in Kiambu
The move comes days after Kabete MP Ferdinand Waititu raided bars claiming he was fighting alcoholism.
7 days ago 1 Jul 15, 6:29am
- Meru County scraps cars, computers purchase from budget
Local and international travel expenses, transport allowances were significantly reduced.
7 days ago 1 Jul 15, 1:47am
- Officials clash over water shortage
The shortage entered its third day on Tuesday.
7 days ago 30 Jun 15, 3:01pm
- ODM now calls for ethnic audit at NYS
Party National Chairman John Mbadi on Sunday said the government has an obligation to audit all NYS recruits for Kenyans to see the tribal balances.
7 days ago 30 Jun 15, 2:55pm
- Treasury rubbishes claims of cash system breakdown
Principal Secretary Kamau Thugge says funds always released on time.
7 days ago 30 Jun 15, 1:07pm
- North Rift farmers oppose Bill limiting land ownership
Official wants issue to be part of the Okoa Kenya agenda.
7 days ago 30 Jun 15, 1:04pm
- Dock workers sue union over move to quit Cotu
Top officials accused of breaking the rules.
7 days ago 30 Jun 15, 12:58pm
- Sh3bn not a bribe, say Kisumu ward reps
MPs link release of funds to planned referendum by senators.
7 days ago 30 Jun 15, 12:54pm
- Mombasa govt pulls down stalls on road reserves
Traders cry foul, saying askaris were stealing goods during the demolitions.
7 days ago 30 Jun 15, 12:49pm
- Assembly approves Sh4.5 billion budget
Speaker Dan Chitwah told a divided Assembly that there was need to approve the budget to beat the June 30 deadline.
7 days ago 30 Jun 15, 11:28am
- Relief for commuters as NTSA lifts ban on Embassava Sacco
The National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA) has lifted a ban imposed on Embassava Sacco whose matatus operate in Nairobi.
7 days ago 30 Jun 15, 10:19am
- Drama at Nyeri Law courts as woman climbs tree seeking for justice
She later descended after residents pleaded with her and offered to assist her get justice she was seeking.
8 days ago 30 Jun 15, 9:43am
- Govt warns of severe drought in Mandera
County official says pastoralists are now moving with their livestock to Ethiopia's interior along River Daua and to parts of Wajir County.
8 days ago 30 Jun 15, 9:18am
- Angry students protest death of teacher, torch home
The teacher was found under a hedge within the compound of a home where he had been seen drinking on Friday evening.
8 days ago 30 Jun 15, 9:13am
- We will not go back to Garissa, non-teaching varsity staff vow
Officials of the University Academic Staff Union said they would defy orders issued through a letter by Prof Warfa.
8 days ago 30 Jun 15, 8:50am
- DPP obtains order stopping release of man in terror case
Justice Martin Muya issued the orders stopping the release of Mr Isaak Noor Ibrahim, who was acquitted by a magistrate’s court.
8 days ago 30 Jun 15, 7:41am
- Kenyan atheists' group issue ultimatum over their registration
The Deputy Registrar of Societies, Mr Joseph Onyango, had rejected AIK on the grounds that its ideology goes against the Constitution of Kenya.
8 days ago 30 Jun 15, 6:34am
- Chuka youths protest over NYS jobs
The officers are accused of leaving early without concluding the exercise.
8 days ago 29 Jun 15, 1:14pm
- County aims to raise Sh1bn revenue in deal with bank
The Kakamega County Government has partnered with a bank to raise at least Sh1 billion from local revenue.
8 days ago 29 Jun 15, 12:50pm
- End row over Maseno, governors told
The remarks come two days after Mr Ranguma said he had called for a meeting with Mr Akaranga to discuss boundary issues.
8 days ago 29 Jun 15, 12:49pm
- Leaders to President Kenyatta: You are welcome to tour Nyanza
Governors and MPs encourage dialogue and promise a warm welcome.
8 days ago 29 Jun 15, 12:49pm
- British tourists trickle in as travel bans lifted
Tourists from Europe have started making bookings since the United Kingdom lifted travel bans against the Coast region two weeks ago.
8 days ago 29 Jun 15, 12:49pm