- Kemri investigated over Sh7.2bn budget scandal
The Kenya Medical Research Institute (Kemri) is under investigation after a budget of more than $80 million was depleted prematurely.
14 hours ago 28 Mar 15, 3:32pm
- Mega scandals, life in courts is MP Gideon Mwiti’s second nature
He lives a mysterious life and doesn't patronise social joints for long.
14 hours ago 28 Mar 15, 3:26pm
- All beneficiaries are well taken care of, says Trust
The Njenga Karume Trust has denied mismanaging the estate of the late veteran politician Njenga Karume or neglecting educational or medical needs of any of his children or grandchildren.
14 hours ago 28 Mar 15, 3:19pm
- Karume’s children seek to replace tycoon’s trustees
Children of the late billionaire businessman and politician Njenga Karume have gone to court seeking the removal of trustees of their father’s estate over what they say is wanton theft and wastage of the property.
14 hours ago 28 Mar 15, 3:14pm
- UK travel advisory angers leaders
Tourism stakeholders on Saturday expressed shock, disbelief and outrage after the United Kingdom updated its travel advisory for Kenya, affecting nearly the entire coast region.
14 hours ago 28 Mar 15, 3:06pm
- JSC meets on Monday to discuss Rev Samuel Kobia’s abrupt resignation
Almost two years remained of commissioner’s term.
15 hours ago 28 Mar 15, 2:44pm
- MPs move to gag Auditor-General
Auditor-General should seek permission from AG if he wants to publish reports.
15 hours ago 28 Mar 15, 2:39pm
- Alfred Mutua: Paradox of governor in sleaze list ‘for a just cause’
Decision to save on budget for vehicles so as to purchase ambulances faulted.
15 hours ago 28 Mar 15, 2:32pm
- What Chris Okemo appointment says of Jubilee stand on corruption
Mr Okemo is wanted in Jersey, UK.
15 hours ago 28 Mar 15, 2:25pm
- Sports betting is proving hard to resist
University campuses are hotbeds of avid bettors.
15 hours ago 28 Mar 15, 2:13pm
- MCAs now seek Senate help in budget cap row
Spending limits set to check funds misuse.
15 hours ago 28 Mar 15, 1:59pm
- Prominent law firms going separate ways
The union was Kenya’s first biggest law firm merger.
16 hours ago 28 Mar 15, 1:45pm
- Why Central African Republic factions failed to sign ceasefire deal
Planned ceremony was affected by State of the Nation speech.
16 hours ago 28 Mar 15, 1:37pm
- How President Kenyatta sought to end infighting in Juba
Pact followed meetings with Kiir and Machar.
16 hours ago 28 Mar 15, 1:28pm
- Kenya-Tanzania relations are not frosty, says Chirau Mwakwere
Mwakwere says matters arising from access to resources are normal and should not be equated to animosity or war.
16 hours ago 28 Mar 15, 1:18pm
- How smuggled cooking gas may be finding its way into your kitchen
Illegal trade is conducted in collusion with corrupt customs and border officials.
16 hours ago 28 Mar 15, 1:07pm
- Hospitals in Nairobi to get Sh163m medicines
Most to go to Pumwani Maternity, Mbagathi District, and Mama Lucy Kibaki District hospitals.
16 hours ago 28 Mar 15, 12:59pm
- Family in plea for missing nurse Titus Wesalia
Nobody has heard from Titus Wesalia since March 11.
17 hours ago 28 Mar 15, 12:34pm
- Number of available varsity courses to be out this week
Group is the first beneficiary of free primary and secondary education.
17 hours ago 28 Mar 15, 12:23pm
- Fears over Sh13bn Mwea irrigation project
Construction of access roads has stalled while no water works are visible.
17 hours ago 28 Mar 15, 12:13pm
- Poachers on rhino hunt mission killed in park
The two had just laid an ambush on a rhino path.
17 hours ago 28 Mar 15, 12:08pm
- M-Pesa’s toll-free cousin now causes waves in America
Platform will soon be available in Tanzania.
17 hours ago 28 Mar 15, 11:52am
- Residents of Kisumu fear gangs return
Tension as 10 youths accused of theft are beaten and stripped.
18 hours ago 28 Mar 15, 11:42am
- Boko Haram attacks, technology hitches mar Nigeria top seat poll
Nigerians headed to the polls on Saturday to elect a new president in a knife-edge vote against a backdrop of security fears but new technology delayed the process, affecting even the outgoing president.
18 hours ago 28 Mar 15, 11:17am
- Anxiety as Nigeria awaits results
After a particularly convoluted build-up towards the process, Nigerians finally went to the polls in what was expected to be a closely contested General Election.
18 hours ago 28 Mar 15, 11:08am
- Death toll of Al-Shabaab attack hits 14
The death toll in a gun and bomb attack by Somalia’s Al-Qaeda-affiliated Al-Shabaab militants on a Mogadishu hotel used by the country’s leaders has risen to 14, police said on Saturday.
18 hours ago 28 Mar 15, 10:54am
- UN votes to cut peace-keepers in DRC by 2,000
The UN Security Council has voted to cut 2,000 troops from the UN peacekeeping force in the Democratic Republic of Congo despite calls from Kinshasa for a bigger drawdown.
19 hours ago 28 Mar 15, 10:29am
- Hillary Clinton wiped email server clean— lawmakers
Hillary Clinton wiped “clean” her private server that hosted her emails while Secretary of State, permanently deleting all correspondence, and did not turn over more of the messages, lawmakers said Friday.
19 hours ago 28 Mar 15, 10:29am
- Alp crash pilot vowed to be ‘popular’
The co-pilot who crashed a passenger jet into the French Alps, killing all 150 aboard, worried “health problems” would dash his dreams and vowed one day to do something to “change the whole system”, an ex-girlfriend told a German newspaper.
19 hours ago 28 Mar 15, 10:29am
- President Uhuru Kenyatta suspends cabinet secretaries, orders PSs to step aside
President Kenyatta appointed other cabinet secretaries to oversee the dockets of the suspended CSs.
22 hours ago 28 Mar 15, 7:35am
- Agriculture CS Felix Koskei steps aside over graft allegations
He said State House confirmed that his name is on the list handed to the National Assembly by President Uhuru Kenyatta.
1 day ago 28 Mar 15, 4:17am
- Two suspected rhino poachers shot dead at Lake Nakuru National Park
The two suspected poachers were shot dead at the Lake Nakuru National Park.
1 day ago 28 Mar 15, 3:47am
- UK nurse cured of Ebola after receiving new treatment
The nurse was the first patient in the world to receive an experimental new treatment.
1 day ago 28 Mar 15, 1:33am
- Nigeria votes in crunch presidential election
Nigeria votes for a new president on Saturday, in the most closely fought election framed by Boko Haram violence, economic woes and corruption.
1 day ago 28 Mar 15, 12:33am
- German crash pilot hid his illness from airline
Reports say man was severely depressed.
2 days ago 27 Mar 15, 4:01pm
- Labour launches election campaign after TV clash
Knife-edge poll set for May 7.
2 days ago 27 Mar 15, 3:55pm
- Boko Haram fighters told to ‘kill wives’ as military retakes its HQ
Nigerian troops score major victory against terrorist group.
2 days ago 27 Mar 15, 3:50pm
- Uganda media ordered to boost coverage of president
Media rights activists said the order would be challenged.
2 days ago 27 Mar 15, 3:46pm
- Sierra Leone orders new anti-Ebola lockdown
The country’s six million people were to remain indoors from 0600 on Friday to 1800 on Sunday.
2 days ago 27 Mar 15, 3:41pm
- Al-Shabaab kill 10 in hotel raid
Gunmen first set off car bomb.
2 days ago 27 Mar 15, 3:33pm
- Schools are no longer safe for the girl child, says UN report
Girls who were interviewed said they do not feel safe in school.
2 days ago 27 Mar 15, 2:30pm
- Officials defy orders, vow to stay put
Cabinet secretaries, governors and PSs say they are innocent.
2 days ago 27 Mar 15, 2:21pm
- Graft report puts Mumo Matemu on the spot
AG reveals plans for meeting to discuss EACC’s capacity to fight corruption.
2 days ago 27 Mar 15, 2:15pm
- Raila Odinga faults President Kenyatta move on corruption
Cord leader calls President's speech a "hypocritical lamentation".
2 days ago 27 Mar 15, 2:10pm
- William Ruto refuses to defend MPs named in corrupt deals
Ganze MP Peter Shehe and Kinango MP Gonzi Rai accused the media of rushing to publish “unfounded reports” about them.
2 days ago 27 Mar 15, 2:06pm
- Governors dismiss President Kenyatta graft order
Governors body says President has no powers to remove elected leaders.
2 days ago 27 Mar 15, 2:01pm
- Corrupt officers risk sack: Joseph Boinnet
The order was given on Friday by Inspector-General of Police Joseph Boinnet.
2 days ago 27 Mar 15, 1:56pm
- Counties in Sh2bn health-care contest
Health centres have until the end of May to come up with the innovations.
2 days ago 27 Mar 15, 1:54pm
- William Ruto’s Hague case fuelling campaigns in Rift, say analysts
If ICC case goes against the DP, it will be a blessing for Gideon Moi.
2 days ago 27 Mar 15, 1:44pm
- Trial adjourned as witness fails to appear in court
Witness' lawyer says his client has gone into hiding.
2 days ago 27 Mar 15, 1:21pm