- Refer Kenya to assembly, say victims
Victims in President Kenyatta’s case at the ICC want Kenya to be referred to the Assembly of State Parties for not cooperating with the court.
22 hours ago 3 May 15, 3:58pm
- There is no room for gays, warns Ruto
Homosexuality is not allowed as it goes against Christianity and human nature, Deputy President William Ruto has said.
22 hours ago 3 May 15, 3:53pm
- Schools re-open amid security fears
Learning in public primary and secondary schools is set to resume Monday as the institutions reopen for the second term.
22 hours ago 3 May 15, 3:39pm
- Inter-agency team formed to probe Thai ivory seizure
An inter-agency team has been formed to investigate whether part of the ivory seized in Thailand a few days ago was evidence stolen from Kenyan courts and reshipped to Bangkok.
23 hours ago 3 May 15, 3:07pm
- Treasury proposes Sh1.3bn in Budget to buy new ferries
The cash-strapped Kenya Ferry Services will receive Sh1.3 billion in next month’s Budget for the purchase of new vessels.
23 hours ago 3 May 15, 3:00pm
- Only two Kabete aspirants will vote in by-election
Only two out of the nine candidates contesting the Kabete by-election will vote on Monday.
23 hours ago 3 May 15, 2:51pm
- Amani National Congress my new vehicle, says Mudavadi
The newly formed Amani National Congress party will embark on a membership drive ahead of its launch later in the year.
23 hours ago 3 May 15, 2:45pm
- Group calls for arrest of journalist’s killers
An international press freedom watchdog is pushing for the arrest of a Kenyan journalist’s killers.
23 hours ago 3 May 15, 2:43pm
- Raila warns EAC over Burundi crisis
Cord leader Raila Odinga has criticised East African leaders for remaining silent as the situation in Burundi gets out of hand.
24 hours ago 3 May 15, 2:34pm
- Hackers breach phone security
Hackers have come up with ways of accessing phones that are locked with fingerprints, security researchers have warned.
24 hours ago 3 May 15, 2:29pm
- Security suffers as police officers put patrol cars to personal use
Details of how police patrol vehicles are misused at the expense of security can be revealed today.
24 hours ago 3 May 15, 2:21pm
- Protesters block airstrip, delay flights again
Three light aircraft were blocked from flying out of an airstrip in Narok County for more than two hours by protesters.
24 hours ago 3 May 15, 2:17pm
- Varsity reaches out to county leaders
The University of Eldoret is holding talks with Uasin Gishu County leaders to resolve disagreements over the learning institution.
24 hours ago 3 May 15, 2:11pm
- Railway on course, say ministers
The joint ministerial committee on the Northern Corridor Integrated Projects has expressed satisfaction with the progress of the ongoing construction of the standard gauge railway.
1 day ago 3 May 15, 1:58pm
- Togo court confirms Faure Gnassingbe's poll win
The official results put Gnassingbe on 58.77 percent of the vote.
1 day ago 3 May 15, 10:05am
- John Kerry in Kenya after years of estrangement
The trip is the first high-level visit to Kenya since 2012.
1 day ago 3 May 15, 8:24am
- Kenya supports free and fair elections in Burundi but won't interfere, says Foreign PS Karanja Kibicho
Kenya says it stands for free and fair elections but will not interfere with the goings-on in Burundi.
1 day ago 3 May 15, 6:35am
- Lengoiboni set to pack his bags after 10 years at the helm of TSC
TSC boss Gabriel Lengoiboni is set to retire after 10 years at the helm of the commission.
1 day ago 3 May 15, 3:10am
- State: Kenyans safe in Burundi
Kenya says none of its nationals in Burundi is in danger from the chaos that has been ongoing in the East African country since last Sunday.
2 days ago 2 May 15, 3:37pm
- Why Ruto is under siege
Deputy President William Ruto has held meetings with veteran politicians Nicholas Biwott, Henry Kosgey and Jackson Kibor in a bid to stem the rebellion that is threatening his grip on Rift Valley politics.
2 days ago 2 May 15, 3:21pm
- When furious Uhuru ordered Amina back from US over aborted trip
Foreign Affairs Secretary Amina Mohammed (above) was dramatically recalled from an assignment in Los Angeles hours after she had landed in America for the high-profile mission.
2 days ago 2 May 15, 3:09pm
- My luckiest escape: Student recalls day of terror at university
She was pictured looking frightened in a light blue nightdress walking barefoot past soldiers.
2 days ago 2 May 15, 2:51pm
- Kiosks near schools to be demolished
The Nairobi City County will demolish kiosks stationed outside churches, mosques, learning institutions and social halls.
2 days ago 2 May 15, 2:44pm
- Last witness in Hague case to testify on May 26
The testimony of the last prosecution witness in the case against Deputy President William Ruto and former radio journalist Joshua Sang could finally begin on May 26 and run for approximately eight days.
2 days ago 2 May 15, 2:40pm
- Governor to sue over reps
Bomet Governor Isaac Ruto has promised the United Republican Party (URP) a bruising court battle in an effort to restore the jobs of nine nominated members of the Bomet County Assembly who have been sacked by the party.
2 days ago 2 May 15, 2:35pm
- Cabinet shuffle likely sparked Sagana retreat
President Uhuru Kenyatta’s four-day retreat to Sagana State Lodge, Nyeri has heightened anxiety of a looming shake-up in the government.
2 days ago 2 May 15, 2:30pm
- Security concerns raised as schools re-open Monday
Schools re-open tomorrow for the second term amid concerns about the safety of learners, the release of free education funds and school fees guidelines.
2 days ago 2 May 15, 2:19pm
- Tusks were court evidence, say Thai officials
Part of the massive ivory haul seized in Thailand was prosecution evidence stolen from Kenyan courts and reshipped to Bangkok.
2 days ago 2 May 15, 2:11pm
- Pipeline faces Sh600m tender row suit just days to key ruling
A second company has moved to court within a span of two months seeking orders to stop the Kenya Pipeline Company (KPC) from proceeding with a Sh600 million project.
2 days ago 2 May 15, 2:07pm
- State secretary tour launches a ‘reset’ of US-Kenya relations
US Secretary of State John Kerry’s visit to Kenya on Sunday and Monday can be seen as initiating a “reset” of the two countries’ previously strained relationship, analysts in Washington suggest.
2 days ago 2 May 15, 1:59pm
- Clinton: Root out tribalism and corruption to develop
Former US President Bill Clinton has called on leaders of African countries to abandon tribal interests and root out corruption if they want to see their countries prosper economically.
2 days ago 2 May 15, 1:49pm
- Uhuru appointments are proof that political dynasties alive and well
The recent appointment of at least 15 board members of state corporations who are relatives of influential families shows that politics of dynasties is alive and kicking in Kenya.
2 days ago 2 May 15, 1:25pm
- I expect Raila to support my bid in 2017: Kalonzo
Cord principal Kalonzo Musyoka says he expects his coalition partners in the opposition to support his presidential bid in the next General Election.
2 days ago 2 May 15, 1:10pm
- Senate wants Kiambu County levies suspended pending investigation
The Senate wants the Kiambu County government to put the enforcement of controversial taxes on hold pending investigations into the legality of the levies.
2 days ago 2 May 15, 1:07pm
- Casting net wider to Western and Kisii ‘a statement of intent’
President Uhuru Kenyatta appears to have cast his net beyond Deputy President William Ruto’s Rift Valley stronghold in the recent parastatal appointments.
2 days ago 2 May 15, 12:52pm
- How merit, reforms were swapped for patronage in State appointments
President Uhuru Kenyatta’s appointment of board members of State corporations is a major departure from the radical reforms the government has been touting.
2 days ago 2 May 15, 12:42pm
- Governors want child services function devolved
Governors are demanding the devolution of child services to deal with rising numbers of street families.
2 days ago 2 May 15, 12:32pm
- Candidates in last attempt to woo voters
Candidates in Monday’s Kabete parliamentary by-election Saturday made their last attempts to woo voters.
2 days ago 2 May 15, 12:26pm
- Roads upgrade to start in Nyandarua
Nyandarua Governor Daniel Waithaka Mwangi has ordered the grading of all roads in Ol’Kalou town which then be tarmacked soon.
2 days ago 2 May 15, 12:22pm
- Muhoro and Kaindi fight for supremacy
A supremacy battle between two top police bosses is threatening the work of criminal investigators.
2 days ago 2 May 15, 12:12pm
- Why governors prefer consensus
Fear that Jubilee and Cord political rivalry could play out in the upcoming election for the next chairman of the Council of Governors is making consensus the most favourable option of picking the new set of leaders.
2 days ago 2 May 15, 12:05pm
- Leaders gang up against Ruto over evictions
The political row between Deputy President William Ruto and a section of Rift Valley leaders is escalating, following evictions of settlers in Olpusimoru Forest in Maasai Mau, Narok County.
2 days ago 2 May 15, 11:52am
- Defining ‘elective politics’ the crux to leaders’ pensions
Kenyans may pay former Prime Minister Raila Odinga, former Vice President Kalonzo Musyoka and former Speaker Kenneth Marende a combined Sh60 million in retirement benefits.
2 days ago 2 May 15, 11:44am
- Blame game over bad roads
The ongoing rains have exposed the confusion and overlapping of roles in the construction and management of roads.
2 days ago 2 May 15, 11:39am
- CIC headed to court over anti-graft team
The legality of the anti-graft secretariat to assume the roles previously played by the commissioners will be escalated to the Supreme Court with the constitutional implementation watchdog seeking an interpretation of the Constitution.
2 days ago 2 May 15, 11:35am
- Status quo remains in Sudan and Togo as turmoil mounts in pre-poll Burundi
With the conclusion of recent polls in Sudan and Togo, the incumbents, Omar al-Bashir and Faure Gnassingbé, respectively, seem set to continue in power indefinitely.
2 days ago 2 May 15, 11:10am
- Nepal rules out finding more quake survivors
Nepal ruled out the possibility Saturday of finding more survivors buried in the rubble from a massive earthquake that killed more than 6,700 people and devastated vast swathes of one of Asia’s poorest countries.
2 days ago 2 May 15, 11:01am
- Gunmen hit army chopper in Mexico, three troops dead
Gunmen forced down a military helicopter in western Mexico on Friday, killing three troops.
2 days ago 2 May 15, 10:38am
- Mau families will not be forcibly evicted, DP Ruto says
He said burning of houses to evict those who have invaded forests was not a lasting solution to conserving forests.
2 days ago 2 May 15, 9:32am
- Rift in Rift Valley widening as Ruto threatens court action
Mr Isaac Ruto demanded the immediate reinstatement of the expelled MCAs.
2 days ago 2 May 15, 6:16am